Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 4, Fri., July 13 **

[ QUOTE ]
Rest of the report:

The turn was the {K-Diamonds}, the river was the {6-Clubs} and she doubled up to 175,000.

This doesn't sound possible though.

[/ QUOTE ]

A more complete version from Pokerpages:

After Maria Ho raised to 50K, Jason Welch re-raised to 260K, enough to put Maria all-in (she had about 150K more behind). Before she had time to act, Welch inexplicably turned his T T face up, apparently thinking that Ho had called. The floor was brought in and Welch was given a warning for exposing his cards, but his hand was still live and Maria would have the decision whether to call or fold with the benefit of knowing what her opponent held. She hesitated in thought for quite a while, essentially informing the table that she had two overs. (With an overpair, she would have called immediately, and with an underpair, she would have folded right away. With one over and one under, she would have been more than a 2-1 underdog and would not have gotten the right odds.) Finally, she announced, "Well, I need to double up sometime, so this will have to be it. I call." With that, she turned over A J and was in a race for her tournament life. The flop was kind to her, as it came A 5 8. With the K turn and 6 river, she doubled up to about 440K. After Welch shipped the chips across the table to Maria, Warren Karp, also at the table, jested with Welch, "I'm guessing that was not the first time you were premature with a woman." That got a hearty laugh from the table.

After the hand, I overheard several of the floor staff and press criticizing her call, saying that taking a coin flip was a poor decision in that case. I respectfully disagree. She was short-stacked, already had committed 25% of her chips, and she had the beneift of knowing exactly what her percentage was. Add in the flat pay scale factor, and it was an easy call.

A short while later, Maria took another 100K off of Welch when her A-Q made the nuts on the river (the board was 3-T-J-7-K) and she got paid off by Welch's A-K.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brought over a rack of $25,000 (salmons)

[/ QUOTE ]

For all those bitching about 5K <font color="orange">orange</font> and 25K "light orange" chips, get it straight: it's <font color="salmon">salmon</font>.

<font color="white">wow, UBB knows salmon </font>
Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Think of asking and someone will answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I love rooting on the 2p2 players, I'm looking forward to the finish line so as to return to a productive life. I plan on giving up my relationship with the refresh button. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 PM

I guess that's why they're floor staff and press. That is a mind numbingly easy call.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After the hand, I overheard several of the floor staff and press criticizing her call, saying that taking a coin flip was a poor decision in that case. I respectfully disagree. She was short-stacked, already had committed 25% of her chips, and she had the beneift of knowing exactly what her percentage was. Add in the flat pay scale factor, and it was an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more what I was trying to highlight, seems like an easy call unless they're pretty deep, especially if she's a professional and thus, presumably, trying to win the whole thing
Old 07-13-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does anybody know about the hand that Banghart dropped more than a mill to Spiztberg on?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I did.

DMMIKKEL showing out! Wee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TID!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I love rooting on the 2p2 players, I'm looking forward to the finish line so as to return to a productive life. I plan on giving up my relationship with the refresh button. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more what I was trying to highlight, seems like an easy call unless they're pretty deep, especially if she's a professional and thus, presumably, trying to win the whole thing

[/ QUOTE ]
Coo, we're on the same page
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 PM

puke