Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:12 AM

Default NL25 - Turned 2pair unraised pot

no reads on villain. but he's played most of the 10 or so hands that we've sat for.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $7.75
CO: $41.50
BTN: $21.75
SB: $18.60
Hero (BB): $24

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, SB folds

Turn: ($3.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.85</font>, UTG calls $2.85, <font color="red">CO raises to $7.75</font>, Hero?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: NL25 - Turned 2pair unraised pot

[ QUOTE ]
no reads on villain. but he's played most of the 10 or so hands that we've sat for.

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute

call the raise on the turn
Old 11-20-2007, 03:00 AM

i meant no solid reads, just a little observation in 10 hands. just call? i think its a shove or fold situation given stack sizes right?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 AM

Weird hand, hard too put villian on anything really. He could have alot of hand u beat and alot of hands you dont beat, I agree a push or fold is the line here, he will call with anything he raised the turn with, I think I would have pushed this turn and regret it when he shows k9 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM

Weak kings are scary hands, especially when you get action multiway.

Let's start with the basics:

Preflop is fine. There's no reason to raise.

On the flop your bet is totally standard. You're betting for protection more than value, but if someone calls you're still looking fairly good.

On the turn you must reevaluate. Had that turn card been anything but a 4, I'd say you either check-fold or you bet small (say, half the pot) and fold to a raise. Given that you've paired up, you're getting value from TONS of other hands, and I welcome the extra action. UTG is already pot committed, so you might as well push. It'll basically be a pot-sized raise and it denies proper chasing odds to flush draws and straight draws. This guy is loose enough that he's probably going to make a bad call with a draw or with a strong K. If he slowplayed AA he's doubling you up, and he might even decide that his QQ is good.

If he flopped a set then the 4 was a doom card for us, but I'm pot-committed on this turn. Given that I'm committed I want the money in the middle while the draws are still live and before CO has a chance to reconsider his hand strength.

I three-bet all-in.