Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: from $10 to $1 million in one day

a lot of u have replied that it will be hard to get action past a certain point. i think u'll get plenty of action actually. david benyamine will keep playin u all day long. he's sittin @ fulltilt like 15 hrs a day so just stay @ his table. combine that w/ some HU action on a day when sbrugby, kaibuxxe, and ivey all show up and u'll get to the $1M. once u have a few buy ins for a level i don't think u can lose it unless u r extremely dumb.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 AM

I'd probably play with a 4BI BR to start then multitable the micros waiting for 80% win spots as those guys call down with anything.

At that level you only need to beat TP to stack someone. So build the pot enough by the river then just shove.

After a few hours you should have $100. After that I'd start joining tournies. Keep playing a few cash games on the side and buying into bigger tournies while the smaller ones finish off.

After winning a few you should have a few thousand to play with (5-6 hours later)

with these you can buy into the larger tournies $100+ and/or play in bigger cash games where you can bluff people off their unimproved hands and basically run tables over.

After 16 hours you'd have at least scored in a decent sized tourny for $100k+.

Turning $100k+ into $1mil shouldn't take more than 4 hours.

I'd probably just finish off with a bunch of HU.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 AM

i dont think its possible in 24 but maybe 48.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, you dont happen to have a program that would allow you to see your opponents cards do you ?

Not that I would ever consider cheating myself of course, but just that I was becoming curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheatatpoker.com

I am sure it would work for $59.95, it would penetrate security at stars and fulltilt.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:15 PM

I have one word for you, and that word is "Guts".
Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 AM

I think the online limits is what makes this more difficult, if they had 5k/10k NLHE I guess you'd have no problem. I'm sure you can double up once every hour or so easily which would give you more than enough time.

If you were in LV you could get a rediculous limit NLHE game I'm sure, but then there's the logistical problem of cashing out your online win. Then, you have to get access to your funds, all in the kind of time frame we're talking about.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 AM

to the people saying, just win a tourney, you know how hard this is even if you can see the players cards? You still have to take flips and if you lose.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to the people saying, just win a tourney, you know how hard this is even if you can see the players cards? You still have to take flips and if you lose.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first off you would avoid as many situations as possible where you could get all the chips in with more cards to come. You would make/call all the big bets on the river. And I would expect that you would have a decent chip lead throughout the whole tourney so even if you lost the odd all-in you wouldnt get hurt too bad. To win a tourney all you need to do is steal the blinds once per orbit. This would be cake if you could see all the cards.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first off you would avoid as many situations as possible where you could get all the chips in with more cards to come. You would make/call all the big bets on the river. And I would expect that you would have a decent chip lead throughout the whole tourney so even if you lost the odd all-in you wouldnt get hurt too bad. To win a tourney all you need to do is steal the blinds once per orbit. This would be cake if you could see all the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still disagree for example, if you had to play the sunday mill 10 times in a row and you were able to see all the cards, how many times do you honestly think you would take first place?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:04 AM

I think if you were careful you would win all 10, or 9 at least with the one you dont get first being a string of low percentage suckouts.

You could accumulate all your chips by blowing people off of pots where they cannot call an all-in, and stealing blinds when people have nothing. It would be risk-free this way. By the time you have to get involved in races late in the tourney you would have a massive chiplead and would never get all-in with the worst of it.