Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Bye Bye Sonics

[ QUOTE ]
Both the owners and the local government are to blame. The Sonics leaving will be a huge loss on the local economy and its pathetic that the two groups couldn't come to an agreement. Its really really sad, you have one shrewd business owner whose bluff was called by a bunch of dumb politicians in a game where calling the bluff would result in a loss by all parties involved. gregoire is a horrible govenor and Nickles is even worse at Mayor. WA is sorely hurting for some legitimate politcal leadership. If it wasn't for Microsoft, that region would be [censored] because the local leadership doesn't seem to have a clue on how to do anything for the region.

[/ QUOTE ]

My issue is the city being basically held up every 10 years by franchises that want us to pay for everything and give them every last dime that is generated--OR ELSE!. Also, from what I've read and seen on TV, the city put together 3 offers, one that had the city paying $150,000,000 to the Sonics $50, and the Sonics never even replied. Sounds like a bunch of crybabies on the Sonics side IMO. I don't fault local leadership on this one.