Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: 50NL: 3bettiing AQo in the SB vs. a raise from MP

If he truly does fold AK and TT, then betting is profitable here. 12AK + 6TT = 18 combos he folds. 3AA+6KK+3QQ+6JJ=18 combos he calls. Provided we bet less than the pot (which we did), we win by betting here.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 AM

Against guys like this, if I am going to 3-bet preflop I will generally fire 2 barrels on boards like this b/c they will usually fold their TT or JJ or whatever they have to that action.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is where pre-flop stats are very imporant. If someone has reasonable TAG stats, they are usually calling your 3-bet with only AK and good pairs. On a low flop, they are not folding most of their range (overpairs).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is where having some idea of villain's read on you is very important.

Does villain know you are a thinking player? Does villain know you are 2+2? Does villain see you as nitty or more "creative".

Most players play very straight-forward in 3bet pots. If they have KK+ or they flop a monster, they want to stack off. Otherwise, they don't.

The exceptions are few - LAGs and 2+2'ers. Particularly 2+2'ers playing each other.

If he thinks you're in the first group, and you'll only double barrel/push with KK+ then he's folding TT/JJ/QQ. OTOH, if he thinks you'd double with TJ/AQ/AK/QQ/JJ then his calling range is going to be much wider.