Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 10-30-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: WPT Niagara, Last hand before the break...

[ QUOTE ]
I saw the hand, but I didn't see preflop action. This is a sick hand, and I can't see myself folding in a rr'ed pot. Lee did though.

[/ QUOTE ]

wha? he folded to the 4500-chip raise?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:15 PM

I should have included this in the OP, but the villain in this hand probably recognizes I am a solid internet player and am not some random donk.

I think you guys are taking "loose-aggressive, young player" for more than what it is. He wasn't getting out of line too often, he was just playing a lot of pots and C-betting most flops.

I'm not looking for value here, I am looking to see a free showdown on the river. His raise size kind of confused me as well. It seemed like a small value raise, but I'm not sure if he is value'ing a boat or a flush (I think he would flat the turn with trips). I also think he is the type of player to raise a flush on the flop, especially since he doesn't have the ace of spades.

I decided to call, and the river was a red 2, I checked, and he said "all-in" pretty quickly and I folded.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:15 PM

wow...
Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 04:25 PM

I think this is a pretty bad fold.
What do you think he has?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:38 PM

I'm with everyone else here, there's no way he filled up on the turn because he would have raised the monochrome flop with 2 pair or a set. Whether he would raise the turn with a T is much murkier.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM

you do realize that not much of your pf 3betting range includes hands that beat a 6 high flush on this board, right?

so if he has every correct reason to think a 6 high flush is the nuts...
Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do realize that not much of your pf 3betting range includes hands that beat a 6 high flush on this board, right?

so if he has every correct reason to think a 6 high flush is the nuts...

[/ QUOTE ]

And like srsly man, you have the nut flush and his line isn't exactly consistent with a boat.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should have included this in the OP, but the villain in this hand probably recognizes I am a solid internet player and am not some random donk.

I think you guys are taking "loose-aggressive, young player" for more than what it is. He wasn't getting out of line too often, he was just playing a lot of pots and C-betting most flops.

I'm not looking for value here, I am looking to see a free showdown on the river. His raise size kind of confused me as well. It seemed like a small value raise, but I'm not sure if he is value'ing a boat or a flush (I think he would flat the turn with trips). I also think he is the type of player to raise a flush on the flop, especially since he doesn't have the ace of spades.

I decided to call, and the river was a red 2, I checked, and he said "all-in" pretty quickly and I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

wowowowowowowowowowowowoow. no fkn way i am folding the nutflush to a loose-aggressive player who raised from the CO on the last hand b4 break. I lay 4-1 you folded the best hand.

Edit to add: Given the table dynamics, this plays about the same as a blind vs blind hand. Would you ever fold this here in a blind vs blind vs any player other than Nitty McFolderson?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??

Your call the turn and check the river, what did you think he put you on when he shoved? When the pot is that big, don't you expect he'd shove his remaining stack if we check to him at the river?