Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: MSNBC Front page...

Priorities
Old 10-19-2007, 08:33 PM

Even though it's cool that the poker community is getting such press, I think it's terrible for the game. This will discourage donks from playing and give more incentive to the government to end our lucrative hobbies.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 PM

omfg this sucks
Old 10-19-2007, 08:40 PM

damn, that's one horribly headline right there
Old 10-19-2007, 08:51 PM

Made my stomach turn at first, but it's a million times better than that ABC article title, and in general the writing in this article is far better for the industry as a whole than the other one as well.

I'm really nitty and over worried about this stuff in general, but this article seems as positive as we're hoping for considering, thanks to those P5'ers and 2p2ers who made it so comments about how most of the sites are secure etc got in here.

Really poorly worded quote that I hate from this:
“When they’re always playing the hand that has value in a situation and then folding a great hand when it has value, they can see the cards.”

Or has decent hand reading ability?

Also, too lazy to check if the responders so far were the pushers, but the majority of people on here have been clamoring for MASS MEDIA EXPOSURE! and then say [censored] this is a disaster when it happens.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Made my stomach turn at first, but it's a million times better than that ABC article title, and in general the writing in this article is far better for the industry as a whole than the other one as well.

I'm really nitty and over worried about this stuff in general, but this article seems as positive as we're hoping for considering, thanks to those P5'ers and 2p2ers who made it so comments about how most of the sites are secure etc got in here.

“When they’re always playing the hand that has value in a situation and then folding a great hand when it has value, they can see the cards.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the word "always."
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 PM

"When a player is showing down the best hand every single time but folding second best but good hands every single time he is beat, the chance he can see the other players cards is incredibly high," or can see the cards, whatever.

"Value" is just way too vague for my taste there, and it feeds fish theories that thin value bets calls and folds are cheating. Like I said though, I'm nitty about this whole thing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 PM

yuppppp and we all can thank AP for making online poker illegal like forever
Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM

As I said in the other thread, I worked extensively with Michael Brunner (the reporter) on this article and I'm really happy about the end result. Except for the headline, which reporters don't really have control over, it's as good a job as we could possibly have hoped for and is completely fair to everyone unconnected with AP.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think they are referring to how the player would reraise with Q9o when he saw his opponent had pocket 5s, but fold something like A9 in position when one of the blinds has QQ KK or AA