Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Holdem Movie coming out called \"DEAL\"

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't look as terrible as people are making it seem.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAN
Old 09-19-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was that movie with the guy from tilt. That was by far the worst poker movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're talking about "All In" and yes, that was one of the worst movies (poker related or not) ever made or ever will be made.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM

The movie would be much more entertaining if it were Norm MacDonald playing Burt Reynolds playing the lead character.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The movie would be much more entertaining if it were Norm MacDonald playing Burt Reynolds playing the lead character.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, agreed.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Honestly, I don't understand why someone willing to invest tens to hundreds of millions of dollars making a movie wouldn't pay several thousand dollars to a poker consultant to make sure teh play actually makes sense.

That first hand in Rounders made me vomit.

Board: A93ss
"Against some people, I'd bet small, try to lure them in, but that won't work against Teddy. I gotta bet big, make him think I'm trying to buy the pot."

Matt bets like 10k into like 500, leaving like 30k behind.
Teddy calls.

"My best guess, after he smoothcalls my ridiculously huge overbet that looks like a steal, is that he's on a flushdraw of some sort."

After the hand shows down to reveal a horrible cooler:

"It wasn't bad luck. I got outplayed."

lol...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM

Shannon Elizabeth was on the radio yesterday talking about the movie and she said something like "He's a kid who doesn't know how to play real poker at first because he only plays online".
Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
worm is the man

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

This was actually really good.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I don't understand why someone willing to invest tens to hundreds of millions of dollars making a movie wouldn't pay several thousand dollars to a poker consultant to make sure teh play actually makes sense.

That first hand in Rounders made me vomit.

Board: A93ss
"Against some people, I'd bet small, try to lure them in, but that won't work against Teddy. I gotta bet big, make him think I'm trying to buy the pot."

Matt bets like 10k into like 500, leaving like 30k behind.
Teddy calls.

"My best guess, after he smoothcalls my ridiculously huge overbet that looks like a steal, is that he's on a flushdraw of some sort."

After the hand shows down to reveal a horrible cooler:

"It wasn't bad luck. I got outplayed."

lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think Rounders was very very good for its time. The game has evolved so much since 03 alone, so while some of the hands in Rounders seem comical for 97 I think they got it pretty right. The general public had such little understanding of the game back then, there wasn't as much to go on.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM

Rounders is a bad mama jamma.
I would love there to be a sequel...I doesn't have to be better, just more of the same. Sort of like the Bourne Identity, not that each movie was wow didn't think they would take it there, just different people getting shot in the head and i was happy with that.

Rounders 2 - Mike busts early in the WSOP and gets caught up in some big games and looses his bankroll. He quits poker again for a year and starts to grind out his bankroll again. Then the poker boom hits and he makes it huge.
He hears on the news one day that Worm is busted for online colluding, first case ever to be prosecuted in the states.

He decideds to go visit him during his trial and when he's there he feels bad and decideds to post bail for him.

Worm and Mike are best friends again...Worm explains his whole online plan gig yadda yadda yadda he gets busted playing with mike at a big live game across state lines, mike feels bad for driving him to play, worm feels bad for loosing his money. Mike is let free, worm is booked for sure, thing is that the game was so huge Mike lost almost all of his BR playing/staking worm...

Mike visits worm in the holding area and worm slipps mike a piece of paper which has the LAST account which Worm was using online that haden't been busted for collusion.

Mike must play on this account to....
Old 09-19-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rounders is a bad mama jamma.
I would love there to be a sequel...I doesn't have to be better, just more of the same. Sort of like the Bourne Identity, not that each movie was wow didn't think they would take it there, just different people getting shot in the head and i was happy with that.

Rounders 2 - Mike busts early in the WSOP and gets caught up in some big games and looses his bankroll. He quits poker again for a year and starts to grind out his bankroll again. Then the poker boom hits and he makes it huge.
He hears on the news one day that Worm is busted for online colluding, first case ever to be prosecuted in the states.

He decideds to go visit him during his trial and when he's there he feels bad and decideds to post bail for him.

Worm and Mike are best friends again...Worm explains his whole online plan gig yadda yadda yadda he gets busted playing with mike at a big live game across state lines, mike feels bad for driving him to play, worm feels bad for loosing his money. Mike is let free, worm is booked for sure, thing is that the game was so huge Mike lost almost all of his BR playing/staking worm...

Mike visits worm in the holding area and worm slipps mike a piece of paper which has the LAST account which Worm was using online that haden't been busted for collusion.

Mike must play on this account to....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, not terrible. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Meanwhile, you guys are the biggest bunch of Burt Reynolds Haters ever. Bow down and bask in his general awesomeness.