Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 02:00 PM

Default anyone have an idea?

I run a weekly home tourney with at least 25 players every week. We keep track of points every week and take a rake that goes towards a tournament of champs after 17 weeks.
The house makes $0. Everything goes back to the players. After 17 weeks, the top 10 point getters get to play for the money raked.

If works out well... we are in season 7 now. Anywho... I would like to try something different for the holidays only. Like maybe a 1 time thing. We have to play NL because there are only a few others who can play anything else.

Anyone have any ideas? Like teams of four or teams of two?
I would like to try something a little different. We did an 'unlimited $10 rebuy in the first hour' a few times and it is crazy. I would like to try something a little different, but fairly easy to run.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: anyone have an idea?

Plenty of things to try!

* You could do a lot of one-table Sit & Go tournaments, 2-hours long, so you get in several during the night. This could be a good way to introduce some new games, as they won't take long and there'll be another tournament waiting when you bust out.

* If you have enough for a good balance of three tables, try a shootout, where every table plays to one player, then those players play the final table.

* As you alluded to, a heads-up tournament could also be fun, but it will take a long time and be a bit of a hassle to manage.

Really, don't be afraid to try new games. If this has been going on for several years, then they players should be able to handle it. Pot Limit Omaha has been wildly successful at my games, and I introduced it with a $20 S&G.