Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

[ QUOTE ]
... When I first started posting here all the big names on this forum used to reply to my posts. Now, I can't remember the last time someone who plays higher than 100NL has besides bottomset...

[/ QUOTE ]

You break my heart... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being a 10NL player, I am cool with the split. I get plenty of great advice from people at or around my level. When I first started posting here all the big names on this forum used to reply to my posts. Now, I can't remember the last time someone who plays higher than 100NL has besides bottomset. So in my mind the forum is already split within itself so you might as well just do it. We will get more 10NL-50NL HH posts I am sure. And the guys who can't and won't give us the advice we need can have their own place which will make their 2p2 experience better.

No matter how much you want to argue this matter it seems to me that a lot of the players at the higher limits have taken their stance and are not going to change that. The split doesn't even affect me because I only get replies from the people I want to hear from anyway. But the higher limit players are not getting the posts that they would like to see and reply to. Although, I do wish some people would follow Berge's advice about how to reply to some of these lower limit posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you are getting at man and hope you can still improve your game but as SOAH said..... newbs arrive at thsi forum everyday so is it out job to constantly feild the same type of questions over and over again to the new people that arrive everday? I dont think we should be expected to do that, it is a huge waste of our time and knowledge.

Also you should empathize with a guy like me who had to learn this game pretty much on his own. I had to come leaps and bounds by myself before I could get another experienced and RESPECTED player to talk with me. You need to put in more effort besides just posting a hand when you are confused. I know learning about the game was a full time job for me on top of my school work and it paid off. You can do the same. Just take matters into your own hands... think think think think think think think... then think some more.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... When I first started posting here all the big names on this forum used to reply to my posts. Now, I can't remember the last time someone who plays higher than 100NL has besides bottomset...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you played 100NL...i guess before I made that comment i should have done a little more homework.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being a 10NL player, I am cool with the split. I get plenty of great advice from people at or around my level. When I first started posting here all the big names on this forum used to reply to my posts. Now, I can't remember the last time someone who plays higher than 100NL has besides bottomset. So in my mind the forum is already split within itself so you might as well just do it. We will get more 10NL-50NL HH posts I am sure. And the guys who can't and won't give us the advice we need can have their own place which will make their 2p2 experience better.

No matter how much you want to argue this matter it seems to me that a lot of the players at the higher limits have taken their stance and are not going to change that. The split doesn't even affect me because I only get replies from the people I want to hear from anyway. But the higher limit players are not getting the posts that they would like to see and reply to. Although, I do wish some people would follow Berge's advice about how to reply to some of these lower limit posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you are getting at man and hope you can still improve your game but as SOAH said..... newbs arrive at thsi forum everyday so is it out job to constantly feild the same type of questions over and over again to the new people that arrive everday? I dont think we should be expected to do that, it is a huge waste of our time and knowledge.

Also you should empathize with a guy like me who had to learn this game pretty much on his own. I had to come leaps and bounds by myself before I could get another experienced and RESPECTED player to talk with me. You need to put in more effort besides just posting a hand when you are confused. I know learning about the game was a full time job for me on top of my school work and it paid off. You can do the same. Just take matters into your own hands... think think think think think think think... then think some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 100% and as a 10NL player who both posts hands, and thinks about other players posts and replies to them I love the idea of the split. But at the same time, I do expect to get people who are more experienced than me to reply my posts. And as long as when the split happens (maybe we could do some sort of beta) I have someone to learn from, and i think I will I am cool with it. I think the higher limit players are probably missing out more than players like me because I have people around my limit that I consider well above my level of play and I am learning more from them everyday. If we can improve the experience for the higher limit players as well I am all for it. I like being sort of in the middle here, I have played as high as 100NL in the glory days of online poker when the games were soft as hell and now I am back to building a bankroll from 10NL, so I have some experience playing poker so I can give advice but I sure as hell can use some too. As long as there are people to willing to give advice at the uFRNL and ssFRNL I am excited for a split because it will make things easier for everyone. I am still on the fence as to where the split should be though.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:15 PM

I'm a NL200 player. I think that the division NL50- and NL100/200 used by the SH dudes is quite good. I think the simplest reason is this one : NL100 is the first limit where you find regulars that plays 5k+ hands/day and will stay there for 1 year before moving up. All the limit before that are "transition" or recrational limits. Of course u will find some "regulars" at NL50 but most of the time they don't play 8h/day or they will play NL50 for 1-3 months before going up or giving up poker.

The fact that you will find some regulars who will play with you a lot of hands create the "metagame" effect. Most of the regulars at NL100/200 don't use metagame concepts simply because they don't need it: there are enough fish to be a winning player without using metagame concepts at those limits. IMHO NL200=NL100, u have to play a solid game to win but u can be quite weak post flop that will not make u a loosing player.

Therefore I think that we should split the FR forum in µFR forum and SSFR forum. NL400+ players could post their hands in SSFR or MSNL forum and will still have some feedbacks. Maybe it could be interesting one day to have a MSFR forum but I don't feel like NL200 should belong to that forum.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you played 100NL...i guess before I made that comment i should have done a little more homework.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I'm just giving ya a hard time. I play several different limits.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:56 PM

Why not just try it and see what happens. If it has negitive effects go back to one big forum.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just try it and see what happens. If it has negitive effects go back to one big forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

we fear change...

[hijack]
I can give much praise to the soul who can put together all the variables to name the movie(sure, it is in more than one but there are enough clues. Heh, can you tell I am in a good mood because it friday?).
[/hijack]

Sorry for the hijack.

Edited because I left out a few words
Old 08-10-2007, 03:18 PM

waynes world when that benjamen dude was pitching the new show format, however i believe that was also taken from yet another movie which ive never seen. what do i win?