Default Re: Paul Wins NV Straw Poll in Absentia, Beats Romney Who Spoke in Per

[ QUOTE ]
Dr Ron Paul is a fringe politician

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the media makes him that way.

[ QUOTE ]
with fringe politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL no. Oh, the gold standard thing is reasonably fringe, but his politics as a whole aren't. Unless, of course, you define 20% as fringe.

[ QUOTE ]
People just don't care that much about Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad all the live people showing up at his rallies prove otherwise.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who has the most poll (real polls: ) support. Paul is polling at about 2-3%

[/ QUOTE ]

So a poll is only "real" if excludes most of the people who will actually be voting for Ron Paul? LOL
Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neither. The MSM does not decide who the front running candidates are, they report on who the front running candidates are. This is based on who raises the most money and who has the most poll (real polls: ) support. Paul is polling at about 2-3%, which is not good. However, he has done reasonably well in fundraising and several MSM articles about that were posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think there's always an assumption, esp. by RP supporters that there is a clear media bias against him, "damn those corporate hacks" etc etc. The fact is, they are reporting based on campaign fundraising, due in part to the possibility of them receiving a cut. RP was underreported because MSM is lagging behind his grass roots success, which up to his 5M will start to catch up. The only reason Ames straw poll was reported, and not others, is because its a massive fundraiser.

As far as McCain having a better shot than Paul, you need to include in your projections that Ron is on the upward trend, has more cash than him, and is under-polled (compared to straw poll results). He projects better than McCain imo, but not the other front runners. Not yet.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
with fringe politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL no. Oh, the gold standard thing is reasonably fringe, but his politics as a whole aren't. Unless, of course, you define 20% as fringe.

[/ QUOTE ]
and liquidation of trade agreements, threats to withdraw from the UN, banning abortion outright... just off the top of my head
Old 10-15-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
with fringe politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and liquidation of trade agreements, threats to withdraw from the UN, banning abortion outright... just off the top of my head

[/ QUOTE ]

Of those, only the first one is arguably fringe. Also, he doesn't support banning abortion outright.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
with fringe politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of those, only the first one is arguably fringe. Also, he doesn't support banning abortion outright.

[/ QUOTE ]

From his website:
[ QUOTE ]
In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would ban abortion outright.... and how is withdrawing from all our trade agreements and threatening to leave the UN not fringe?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 AM

banning abortion completely is supported by less than 20% of the nation, and certainly isn't an electable position
Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
banning abortion completely is supported by less than 20% of the nation, and certainly isn't an electable position

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-life

Two polls were released in May of 2007 asking Americans "With respect to the abortion issue, would you consider yourself to be pro-choice or pro-life?" May 4th through 6th, a CNN poll found 45% said pro-choice and 50% said pro-life.[14] Within the following week, a Gallup poll found 49% responding pro-choice and 45% pro-life. [15]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-life

Two polls were released in May of 2007 asking Americans "With respect to the abortion issue, would you consider yourself to be pro-choice or pro-life?" May 4th through 6th, a CNN poll found 45% said pro-choice and 50% said pro-life.[14] Within the following week, a Gallup poll found 49% responding pro-choice and 45% pro-life. [15]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a retarded response...

banning abortion outright != describe yourself as one of two categories.

http://pollingreport.com/abortion.htm
it trends between 15-25%
Old 10-15-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would ban abortion outright....

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I can't find this on his site, which is where you claim it was. Link please.

2. How? This doesn't actually do much of anything. It's a state's decision whether it prosecutes murder or not.

[ QUOTE ]
and how is withdrawing from all our trade agreements and threatening to leave the UN not fringe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said the first one arguably is, but threatening to withdraw from the UN is something I've heard mentioned many times on mainstream conservative talk shows.