Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Play out of skill limit to clear bonus?

Hey guys im a winning player at 5cent nl he on stars but a break even one in 10c nl he over 3.8k hands. I have a bonus on pokerroom and its about to end in 3 weeks, you guys think it would be a good idea to go there and try to clear my bonus before it runs out even if im not at the skill level?

I've heard that ps games are much harder then games from other rooms and I'm also properly bank rolled for this as i managed to win a $4.40 180 man sng on stars boosting my roll heaps so i'll have 20BIs for the 25cent tables,

points on pp to clear bonus is 150 to get $70
Old 11-01-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Play out of skill limit to clear bonus?

Unless PokerRoom has changed in the past year, PokerRoom bonuses just give you some of the rake back, and PokerRoom's rake is particularly high.

It's good to try other rooms, and you might as well clear bonuses as you do it, but I don't think PokerRoom's bonuses are enough of a reason to play there, particularly if you have to move up to a level where you are not comfortable.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Play out of skill limit to clear bonus?

PokerRoom games are generally regarded as real soft, but I have no idea how they would compare to nl10 at PS, or even how NL25 compares to NL10 in general since I have never played that low. First NL I ever played was NL25 at pokerroom. I did well, but had lots of experience playing Limit already. Games I was in were weak/tight. Lots of folds to cbets, and people willing to stack off light. But it is 2.5 times higher than a game you are only breaking even at, so it might be a bit of a jump. Depends on your risk tolerance, I guess.