Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things I forgot to mention...

1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean exactly?

How do you think you can perform any task if you cant see the information pertaining to these accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole point is to go and see what can and can't be done.
There's a decent chance the trip report says "The kettle was clean, and the coffee tasted good. Floors were tidy and the desks were well maintained."

However if he doesn't go, we'll never know what the trip report would have been.

[ QUOTE ]
wait, so you won't even be able to see how the accounts work? that is, you can't open up #363 and see if you really do just see all of the hole cards at once?

i thought that was one of the key issues here. seems fishy that you can't check that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt it seem fishy to the auditors to have an unknown guy going through the same files you are going through? If I were an auditor and this was happening it would be in my audit report.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things I forgot to mention...

1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean exactly?

How do you think you can perform any task if you cant see the information pertaining to these accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means that the data has been isolated while under investigation so that ppl can't change/setup alibis to the auditors findings... pretty std
Old 10-23-2007, 04:01 PM

Receiving a fee for this work is perfectly reasonable. As I understand it Nat has various business projects that require his attention and the opportunity cost of this investigation must already have been substantial. Good luck, good work and hope you're treated well by AP.

Are you not worried for your well being?

when they released the first statement saying there was no evidence of any compromise, what exactly did they do to investigate the situation? did someone go through the potripper tournament hand by hand and decide that nothing suspicious was going on? how were they able to suddenly discover that someone actually had comprised the system, one month after the first accusations, coincidentally during the same time that news reports started coming out about the incident?

if the poker community had not investigated this on our own, would absolute ever discover/admit that their system was compromised? if they say yes, what would cause them to begin investigation into the situation (assuming that there was no widespread accusations of cheating leveled), and what would cause these investigations to be successful (considering that the first investigations they did after we made accusations had failed)?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM

I have some thoughts on your trip, but for reasons that I cannot explain, I can't post them right now.

I may at some point.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 PM

I don't think you will compromise your morals for a fee, but this is good advice:

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck. Watch your back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably all that will happen is the people down there will try to make sure you have a really good time and they will try to bond with you so you view them in a better light in general. But I would be cautious.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will have access to anything that is not related to the known cheating accounts

[/ QUOTE ]
?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Good for you Nat. I don't think you'll discover anything they don't want you to, but still good nonetheless.