Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: s915 and Brocathmel

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume Chiu is bored at those stakes and playing fishy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my impression from playing quite a bit with him the past few days.

s915 is on FT. I don't think he's *that* good, but I do think he is a winner. I think broc and poet were a whole different breed of player. They were both much better hand readers, and much trickier than s915 postflop.

s915 doesn't get out of line much, which is a flaw in his game. He's far too straightforward for how LAG he is preflop. He tends to overplay made hands, but doesn't really big street bluff. He beats the game because average players adjust terribly to him. They put in too many bets with weak hands, not enough with strong hands, end up paying him off far too often, and piss away money by trying to make moves.

I think poet and broc beat the games for more, and are far better players.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:18 PM

He is a regular in the full tilt 15/30. I have about 16k hands on him and he runs 50/40. Over that sample he is a 5BB/100 winner. He really seems like DERB reincarnate. I am pretty amazed by the entire thing and share the opinion of the OP that maybe there is something we are all missing. Even if the guy plays perfect poker postflop it is hard to imagine overcoming the routine play of poor starting hands.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:19 PM

"but doesn't really big street bluff"

This guy doesn't seem like the type of player who would benefit from this type of play. With PAHUD and such, your average player will see that stats and already showdown light vs. him. I would guess his "big street bluffs" get called more than most players, making them a little more -EV.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He beats the game because average players adjust terribly to him. They put in too many bets with weak hands, not enough with strong hands, end up paying him off far too often, and piss away money by trying to make moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think this is what it comes down to and thought the same thing with Brocath and Poet. 2+2ers would do well vs. these guys but they would just destroy the average fish who didn't adjust properly.

___1___
Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM

"but they would just destroy the average fish who didn't adjust properly."

ok heres what i dont understand. poet and broc didnt seem to use table selection. often i would see them at a table with 5 other tags with good stats. s915 is the same but its more pronounced bc there are far less fish in the ftp player pool. every time i look s915 is with 5 other players that, on appearance, are solid. so i ask again, who is he making money off?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok heres what i dont understand. poet and broc didnt seem to use table selection. often i would see them at a table with 5 other tags with good stats. s915 is the same but its more pronounced bc there are far less fish in the ftp player pool. every time i look s915 is with 5 other players that, on appearance, are solid. so i ask again, who is he making money off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I've only played with him (and in those games) briefly but the majority of the "TAGs" in those games aren't partiularly good and I'm not surprised if they aren't adjusting well. In fact, I'd bet most of their adjustments are hurting them more than helping.

Edit: From what I've seen s915 will often donk flops. It's pretty amazing how the TAGs how no earthly idea how to adjust to this. I'm sure its the same in many other situations.

___1___
Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 PM

Brocath and Poet both played around 40/30 preflop which is WAY different than 50+/40+. I can't speak for s915 but Brocath and Poet were both smart postflop also. Neither of them has folded a winner since the Louisiana Purchase, but aside from that they play pretty well. If this guy continues to play 50+/40+ I suspect he will get robbed in the long run, even against mediocre TAGs.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:24 PM

surfdoc,

is that all 6 handed? 50/40?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:56 PM

David Chiu is another player I crush on a regular basis at SH HE & SH LO8 as well. He obviously can beat some opponents, but he sucks against anyone decent. He does lots of monkey stuff, makes poor preflop decisions, shows down way too light, does crap like chasing non-nut 1-way hands in O8.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surfdoc,

is that all 6 handed? 50/40?

[/ QUOTE ]

Filtered for 4-6 players but almost all of it is 6 players.