Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Survivor Football: Help Me Map Out My Picks?

Just noticed I posted this in the Sports Betting Forum. Oops.

3,103 started this Survivor Challenge and we are down to 130 people. The winner gets $5,000. I've used PIT, BAL, NE, DAL, TEN, SD, NO, NYG, WAS, SEA. I'm having lots of trouble deciding who to pick for this weekend.

I really don't want to pick the Colts b/c I want to save them for Turkey Night when they play at the Falcons. I also want to stay away from the Packers b/c I think I'd be better off using them for Week 14 when they host Oakland. However, one option would be to use the Packers this week versus Carolina and then use the Jaguars in Week 14 when they host Carolina. Week 13 appears to be the toughest week of all. There are almost no good matchups.

My main options for this week are: Eagles (vs. Dolphins), Packers (vs. Panthers) Browns (at Ravens) and Rams (at 49ers). I have a feeling that the Eagles and Packers will be the most popular picks of the week which makes me want to stay away from them b/c in the rare occurrence that there is an upset in one of those games, I stand to benefit greatly if I choose a winner this week.

I think the Eagles are really inconsistent and that the Dolphins are a desperate and dangerous team that is not as bad as advertised. They nearly beat a bunch of decent to good teams, including the Bills, Redskins, Giants, Browns, etc. Plus, even tho you know Jim Johnson's defense will be blitzing John Beck a lot in his first career start, you don't know how he'll respond to that and he could have a good game.

Which team is most likely to win this weekend: Eagles, Browns or Rams? Or should I just go w/ the Packers?

I think the Rams would be the sexy pick b/c a) the 49ers are awful and b) the Rams are finally healthy again and c) almost nobody will be picking them this week.

Thanks very much for reading and for your help. I would love to get some responses as I am really in a bind!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Survivor Football: Help Me Map Out My Picks?

Eagles. I've only seen Miami twice this season (against Oakland, Giants) but they've been terrible on each occasion. They can't defend the run, Westbrook is going to have a lot of fun. I don't like picking either the Browns or the Rams this week, and as stated there's better spots to use Green Bay and Indianapolis.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:16 AM

Is Westbrook playing this weekend?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Westbrook playing this weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's questionable, but he ought to go.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:03 PM

go with the Packers. Just keep advancing. Honestly, just thinking about taking the Rams or Browns on the road is incredibly stupid.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go with the Packers. Just keep advancing. Honestly, just thinking about taking the Rams or Browns on the road is incredibly stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as of now I am taking Green Bay.