Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 PM

Default QJs sb 1/2

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players

vilain is a 24.8/11.4/1.18 about 202hands

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, CO calls.(do you fold here? i ve really few hand about him)

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7.5SB
Hero bets, BB folds, CO raises, Hero??
what the plan to the hand?fold?calldown a no spade card?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: QJs sb 1/2

I'm no converging expert but personally 200 hands is enough to fold preflop vs. those stats.
Calling down to SD is bleeding chips.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:32 AM

your beaten and have no outs, so fold

Even on the very very rare occasions you are ahead (and this is almost never) he will have a ton of outs while when your behind (as above) you are likely drawing dead coupled with your bad position its a no brainer, id check/fold here before I'd bet/call
Old 11-01-2007, 03:03 AM

Villain seems tight and I think QJs OOP isn't worth re-raising..... OTOH, villain seems tight, so you should have good bluffing equity.

On the flop I think you have to bet. It's a scary flop for everybody (unless you have it) and you're getting better than 7:1 on your bet.

As you got raised I'd assume he's protecting an ace or has a pair+draw or something to which I'm almost drawing dead and I'd fold.

I'd don't agree with C/F on the flop as there are lots of hands you beat that he'll bet if checked to and there are some hands you're behind that he'll fold if you bet - especially if he doesn't have an Ace or a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as you've shown much stength PF.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd don't agree with C/F on the flop as there are lots of hands you beat that he'll bet if checked to and there are some hands you're behind that he'll fold if you bet - especially if he doesn't have an Ace or a as you've shown much stength PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only said id sooner check/fold than bet/call when he raises to emphasis how bad I think calling down is here, as played I think bet/fold is fine
Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 AM

Fold the flop.

I dont mind preflop if you think he folds a lot postflop. If he doesnt I doubt its good. Close tho.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Even on the very very rare occasions you are ahead (and this is almost never) he will have a ton of outs while when your behind (as above) you are likely drawing dead coupled with your bad position its a no brainer, id check/fold here before I'd bet/call

[/ QUOTE ]

you have outs vs a flopped flush
Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

you have outs vs a flopped flush

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah we could hit runner runner for a full house, silly me......