Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Flop decision

The line c/c flop is more difficult to play.
How do you play the other street?
Do you want to go to showdown?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check the flop here and assess the action. usually calling a bet, but maybe I should be c/r more

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually really surprised by this thread. You and oink like c/c and trypt and a bunch of others like betting. I was thinking we have a monster vs. these loose passives and wasn't considering doing anything but c/r.

I guess this spot doesn't come up often enough for us to build a consensus on a standard line. Perhaps some live players who are used to a ton of loose passive play would care to chime in?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:28 PM

actually this is something you see often enough even online that its worth paying attention to.

I think its a pretty interesting decision tho and there's good argumetns for each choice. Its tough to be objective in this case because we've all seen the action behind hero.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually this is something you see often enough even online that its worth paying attention to.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

The majority of hands debated here regards raise and reraised pots.

I dare say that most of the good / strong regulars agree on 99% of those decisions

Judging from this post we dont quite have flops in unraised pots down to a pure science. I would love to see more posts regarding this as I am far from sure that the strategies I apply are optimal
Old 10-26-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

The majority of hands debated here regards raise and reraised pots.

I dare say that most of the good / strong regulars agree on 99% of those decisions

Judging from this post we dont quite have flops in unraised pots down to a pure science. I would love to see more posts regarding this as I am far from sure that the strategies I apply are optimal

[/ QUOTE ]

110% agree, there is many posts for big pots. Maybe because we don't forget them or because they are fun. But playing a big pot is not very hard (it is just hard), because there is a lot of informations and the ranges are narrow.

There is a lot of money in this spots with marginal hands.

In this kind of hand 3 way with a middle pair and an overcard, I bet if I have a good chance to win the pot and if I can get informations. I don't think it's the case here.

Please Heisenberg tell us what is your line in this hand.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please Heisenberg tell us what is your line in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

very interested in heisenberg's thoughts too but I really think guys like Mike L, DeathDonkey, pokerbob, surfdoc, andyfox, howmany, etc. have a stranglehold on this knowledge since they play live poker so often. Basically anybody who has a lot of experience playing in very fishy games.

sorry to those live players who i didn't mention, but we want your thoughts too.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:59 PM

I wouldnt checkraise here because there are too many gutshots with overs to my 7 that will check through and when it does check through I am put in a quandry as to what to do when the 8 or the 9 roll on the turn,
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM

This never (rarely) checks through in my games and that seems pretty independent of stakes. Maybe online and live is different here
Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 PM

betting this flop is good vs most opponents, but with the semi-maniac in, I think checking has more value. As is, I am usually going to showdown unless it comes down real bad.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 PM

Without any prior knowledge of players and game conditions, Id check online and bet live. Online, no one ever lets the flop get checked through, but live it happens frequently. Its not like giving a free card is a huge mistake because the pot is small, but I feel like players betting range and calling range are pretty similar live, but online players betting range is much much wider.