View Poll Results: Where Would You Go?
Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

[ QUOTE ]
Fluff,

I bet it's pretty easy to maintain a sunny outlook on life for a long, long time, when you're a stunningly beautiful redhead from San Diego, who comes from a lot of money, and has a rich young baller for a boyfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]
In a vacuum I wouldn't think much of this particular post. But it's like the 40th or 50th I've seen from you directed at fluff, FFK, I think Tennenbaum, and maybe others that is just super weird to me. All fairly recently, and all with a similar theme, "aren't you a pretty li'l thing, what with your good looks and attractive boyfriend and creature comforts". I've cringed at every one of them, partly because you almost never see the female poster respond with a "heh, good one, pal" validating response.

It just seems to me you harbor some bitterness towards these chicks and possibly jealousy towards their SO's - extra awkward since some of them are regular posters in this forum. That's great and all, but it also seems hypocritical when you turn around and rip on X-Factor for flirting with them, like he's some dog infringing upon your territory. This is relevant because it's no secret that you've been in flagrante delicto with more than one of them. (Also, as an aside, that Dids joins in on the ripping is a huge LOL for a ton of reasons. This may make him hate me more but he is so consistently clueless in chick threads he should just STFU on these matters for the sake of both him and humanity.)

My advice is to let these chicks breathe and enjoy a beer or two, but after reading your painful thread in El D's forum I'm sure you won't take it. Also, don't PM me about this, I was concerned about your well-being earlier this year and sent you a PM that you couldn't be bothered to respond to. I won't respond to yours.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:20 AM

stats i posted like 30 pages ago:

6"4 barefoot around 220 (pretty damn fit)

women do not care about money in the places i have lived in texas. i have been married closing in on a year, still in the honeymoon period, saying that i tell most every girl that hits on me, the ones i dont tell i do my best to flash the ring way obviously....

i openly brag about shopping at good will, have no desire to be rich....i have not cut my hair in 3 months, i look pretty ruff right now.....i still get dreamy eyed 5'6 girls starring up at me.

now i cannot speak for bigger cities where all the girls wear fendi and get 400 dollar haircuts. i would think money is more important there, because they can afford to hire a body guard

to settle a earlier point metioned pages ago, i never thought i had an advantage getting women because i was taller, i always thought the pretty boys got more girls, clothes aways fir them better
Old 04-14-2007, 02:32 AM

When women say "i want someone who can provide for me", where exactly do designer purses fit in along with food and shelter?

I am reminded of Lost in Translation, "They miss their father but they're getting used to you not being around. What color carpet do you want for the study?"...

How many chicks decide to be stay at home Moms and how many decide to work full time? How many just want a dude dumb enough to slave away at work all day so she can play Mommy (an extension of house) and decorate the house 'lovely'?

if you want to get married, i think you should consider going to a third world country and finding a poor girl, because poor girls seem to be much more down to earth and have a greater sense of responsiblity, and a much lower sense of "what they deserve".
Old 04-14-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you want to get married, i think you should consider going to a third world country and finding a poor girl, because poor girls seem to be much more down to earth and have a greater sense of responsiblity, and a much lower sense of "what they deserve".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this but this mostly describes the girl I've been with for the past 5 years and she is from a 3rd world country.
All except for the 'poor' part because her family is really pretty well off by her country's standards.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:59 AM

Your response showed a lot of misreading.

The thread has not been about whether having a ton of money matters. That was a pretty slick backdoor attempt at seeming to address the argument while not addressing it, though.

As to your not having been in situations where money matters -- you have either had enough money at every point, never approach women who have more than you, never approach women at all, or are being disingenuous. In light of your mischaracterization of the argument in the same paragraph and your huge mischaracterizations in the next one, I find it hard to believe being disingenuous doesn't fit into it heartily.

The female you are referring to said something and it wasn't taken immediately by all and sundry as holy writ. This, you think, passes for a bad thing? Some injustice perhaps?

How's this for injustice?

[ QUOTE ]
so to flat out say/insinuate

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is it, my lazy, tricky friend? Can't you even marshall your own argument?

[ QUOTE ]
(i'm not gonna go back and read everything at this point)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It's only important to understand things if you want to have a discussion, not an argument. It's clear which one you're here for.

[ QUOTE ]
that she's being completely dishonest

[/ QUOTE ]

Fairly predictably by now, this of course goes too far.

[ QUOTE ]
expecting women to be honest about a topic that clearly all women are socialized to respond to in a different way is drastically unrealistic

[/ QUOTE ]

And this from the white knight on horseback coming to rescue the damsel in distress? Perhaps you should give the objects of your protection more credit. Or do you believe it is actually impossible for such silly little creatures to do such unfeminine things as either think or be honest? Such frail creatures surely cannot survive without our nearly divine, somewhat hairy intervention, right?

[ QUOTE ]
even if this is a forum and not real life. i dunno. i'm rambling but i don't think im that far off the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fell off the side of the boat on this one.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:41 AM

how I am doing at 5"9 and close to broke. Wait a minute my bankroll is huge compared to most of these nitwits.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:43 AM

I'm reading the thread again Blarg, and from what I can tell so far, I screwed up that you specifically jumped down her throat. You posted right after the guy who said, "Every single day you reinforce the notion around here that girls are just idiots" which disturbed me because I felt the original answer was pretty honest. You then responded directly to something I wrote and basically said, 'this is a forum, not the real world," and I incorrectly grouped the idiot statement w/ a group of yours. I apologize for that. I'm still trying to address the rest of your rant.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 AM

I don't think I made a slick attempt to avoid the main topic of the thread. First off, that wasn't even my goal. I was talking to you. You specifically responded to micro's most-guys-can-get-most-girls-regardless-of-money statement by writing, "It's nice to see that someone feels this way, but it's clear you simply haven't been in many situations in which money matters or are for some reason unable to picture them, not that money doesn't matter, and sometimes matter a lot." I didn't grasp what your last two phrases meant, but it appears that you are saying that money matters a lot specifically with regard to picking up women.

As to you poo-pooing my life experience. You may be right. I am a year out of college and probably a fair bit younger than you. Having said that, I 've attended elitist preppy schools for my entire life and do not come from a wealthy family. So, in terms of being surrounded by people with far more money than me in social settings, I would be surprised if you had as consistent or concentrated an experience as myself. I assure you that I approach women and was not being disingenuous when stating that I don't think money matters as much as you make it out to. Although, it appears that the majority of your second paragraph was more of a gibe at me than a series of serious thoughts.

As I previously posted, I did think some injustice took place when fluff's initial post was met w/ someone calling all women idiots based on her cursory response to a topic which is heavily avoided in most social settings. You seemed to agree, "Yup, this is a taboo subject, and its discussion can be pretty easily socially punished. There's a good amount of fear around honesty of this type." So you openly write that it's an incredibly difficult topic to talk about for the great majority of women, yet expect the sole woman responding to the thread to be completely honest about all the underlying socially ingrained reasons behind a particular action which she may not have throughly poured over herself b/c hey, "[t]his is a forum, not life." That does seem a bit unrealistic, does it not? Again, I'm not sure how I stepped so far out of line.

You did insinuate she was being dishonest, actually almost immediately. "Security is long-term. Being able to party and buy you stuff is short-term. I doubt women get the two mixed up very often, or that everything they do, especially at very young ages, is all about the security. Or even much of it at all." So, I suppose I should take back the "completely" adjective and the "say/insinuate" word choice because this is pretty clearly insinuation that she is dishonest. In writing my post, I used "say/insinuate" b/c I knew some posters had railed against the statement explicitly and some through insinuation. I did not go back to specifically check on you. You are one of the latter. Apologies.

After this, your rant deteriorates further to the point where it is difficult to respond to without reducing myself to name calling. However, you do seem to take it as a personal affront that I would defend a women who should be able to think for herself. If anyone goes too far, I think it is you in this instance, "And this from the white knight on horseback coming to rescue the damsel in distress? Perhaps you should give the objects of your protection more credit. Or do you believe it is actually impossible for such silly little creatures to do such unfeminine things as either think or be honest? Such frail creatures surely cannot survive without our nearly divine, somewhat hairy intervention, right?" I was suggesting nothing of the sort, and I feel as though that was quite obvious, but on the off chance you were serious, I do think that she was being honest about a hard topic and have written that repeatedly. I find it somewhat galling that you choose to debate me by telling me I don't think women can do "such unfeminine things as either think or be honest," because much of what I was trying to say was that the subject is incredibly difficult to discuss (which you previously agreed to), there is one responder, and you and many others are being abrasive first and facilitating discussion second (I use the word second loosely).

Perhaps I am guilty of responding more to the spirit of your arguments and feelings behind them more than to specific words in some instances, but re-reading the thread, I certainly do not feel as though I'm that far off the mark addressing the general bitterness and unrealistic weight some place on money. goodnight for now
Old 04-14-2007, 08:33 AM

What is the order of height that women perfer? I always figured it was something like

6'1
6'2
6'0
5'11
6'3
5'10
5'9
5'8
6'4
5'7
6'5

Also, do girls really dig tall guys who look like twigs or are fat? Is a twig 6'2 guy better then a 5'9 six pack guy with the exact same face?
Old 04-14-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this but this mostly describes the girl I've been with for the past 5 years and she is from a 3rd world country.
All except for the 'poor' part because her family is really pretty well off by her country's standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but in my experience many of the wealthy third world familes arent big spenders. My girl is half chinese and her grand parents half atleast a million USD in property alone that I know about it, but I imagine that their wealth will be horded and stay in the family if that makes any sense at all. They live very simple lives. For instance, the grand parents own these houses and the rest of the family lives in them, and I imagine the next generation will live there, etc.

In America, I think its more like, inheriet your parents wealth and spend as much as it as possible in your lifetime, as opposed to save save save for future generations... or maybe Asian's are just cheap, lol.

About marriage in the USA: if your wife is going to be a stay at home Mom, its got to be pretty difficult on you unless you are really making bank. I wouldnt want to have to make the sacrifices that my father made to take care of our family. No wonder birth rates are declining and divorce rates rising.