Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where Would You Go?
Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

Personally, I'm looking for girls with flat chests so that they can't give me [censored] for having lint in my pockets.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Yup. Different standards for criticism and honesty for men as compared to women.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM

its the opposite in asia. everything is out in the open. western women of course of liberated i guess, so they have to lie about it.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its the opposite in asia. everything is out in the open. western women of course of liberated i guess, so they have to lie about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I've heard from most of my friends/acquaintances that live there or have visited for extended periods of time. Everything is either out in the open or at least very well-known wrt drugs, sexuality, etc.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with the idea that women want guys with money. There's not! Just [censored] admit to it.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 PM

kyle,

I know exactly zero girls that I would consider money grubbing in the least. I'd actually argue that that trait is less likely to be found in the NW than other places, but that's just a guess.

I like you dude, but your attitude towards women is just [censored] horrible.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kyle,

I know exactly zero girls that I would consider money grubbing in the least. I'd actually argue that that trait is less likely to be found in the NW than other places, but that's just a guess.

I like you dude, but your attitude towards women is just [censored] horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, the attitude is even more prevalent out here IMO. I have seen plenty of open-air cases, which I guess is better than lying about it.

And furthermore, I think your attitude towards women is [censored] naive. How about that?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:30 PM

I'm just so confused with OOT.

How can so many people say women aren't about money, and then turn around in the recent thread where the guy failed to pay for his date and say WTF MAN YOU GOTTA PAY FOR THE DATE OR THE GIRL WON'T GO OUT WITH YOU.

Just makes no sense to me.

It seems to me like most people understand that women are somewhat attracted to men with money, but when it's verbalized, everyone gets defensive, like it's taboo.

Women have so many men to choose from, that it only makes sense that most are going to rule out those with little money, both because it means they are probably of low value, and they won't be able to provide for her in the future.

It's just how it goes.

Money is an easy indicator of value. If you are able to show value in other ways, then it really becomes a non-issue. If you're unable of showing value in other ways, then of course it becomes a large factor.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:34 PM

to all of you guys who picked up a hot chick because of your personality, here is what to do...

Tell her enthusiastically that you are quiting your high paying job and are going to focus on charity. make it very believable and show her all the research. talk about it constantly for a few weeks before you announce it to her. say that you are signing a one year contract to teach at an inner city school.

then see what she thinks or says about that.

LOLLER SKATES.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just so confused with OOT.

How can so many people say women aren't about money, and then turn around in the recent thread where the guy failed to pay for his date and say WTF MAN YOU GOTTA PAY FOR THE DATE OR THE GIRL WON'T GO OUT WITH YOU.

Just makes no sense to me

[/ QUOTE ]

FTR, the wasn't the situation at all. That douche El Duque took her on a date that was more expensive than they had originally planned, and then embarrassed her by having her throw down her last $20 to cover her half.

I don't think anyone thinks that "dutch" dates are out of line in this day and age. But El Duque pulled a bait-and-switch, and then embarrassed her, then acted confused as to why she may not be into him. Completely different situation.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 PM

I'm gonna have to go with kyleb on this one. Dids tends to be willfully naive and positive about anyone he likes and pretty much drops his judgment by the wayside in order to do so.