Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: SHEEP Playoffs - Week 3 of 5 (Friday Reveal)

Why is there still arguing about which is a scarier natural disaster?? You all need to do research. Which sounds more scary?

[ QUOTE ]
Shaking and ground rupture are the main effects created by earthquakes, principally resulting in more or less severe damage to buildings or other rigid structures. The severity of the local effects depends on the complex combination of the earthquake magnitude, the distance from epicenter, and the local geological and geomorphological conditions, which may amplify or reduce wave propagation. The ground-shaking is measured by ground acceleration.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Large trees and most signs may be blown down; there may be structural damage to small buildings; mobile homes will be destroyed. Serious flooding will occur at the coast, with severe damage to shoreline structures and flooding up to eight miles (13 km) inland at elevations of five feet (1.5 m) or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We get back to the hotel room late Saturday night around 1:30-2ish. The parking garage is full and I think durron's going to snap at the poor Russian parking attendant named Boris, who obviously is just doing his miserable job. So durron pulls into the parking lot to turn around and slams his rearview mirror right into the stop sign in the middle of the road. He's calling the attendant all sorts of bad names and I'm wondering if now is the time to jump out of the car and run for my life. durron finds a spot in front of the hotel and says "i'm going in to have some words with them." I made no effort to get out of the car, because frankly, I didn't feel like being an accessory to murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is there still arguing about which is a scarier natural disaster?? You all need to do research. Which sounds more scary?

[ QUOTE ]
Shaking and ground rupture are the main effects created by earthquakes, principally resulting in more or less severe damage to buildings or other rigid structures. The severity of the local effects depends on the complex combination of the earthquake magnitude, the distance from epicenter, and the local geological and geomorphological conditions, which may amplify or reduce wave propagation. The ground-shaking is measured by ground acceleration.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Large trees and most signs may be blown down; there may be structural damage to small buildings; mobile homes will be destroyed. Serious flooding will occur at the coast, with severe damage to shoreline structures and flooding up to eight miles (13 km) inland at elevations of five feet (1.5 m) or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We get back to the hotel room late Saturday night around 1:30-2ish. The parking garage is full and I think durron's going to snap at the poor Russian parking attendant named Boris, who obviously is just doing his miserable job. So durron pulls into the parking lot to turn around and slams his rearview mirror right into the stop sign in the middle of the road. He's calling the attendant all sorts of bad names and I'm wondering if now is the time to jump out of the car and run for my life. durron finds a spot in front of the hotel and says "i'm going in to have some words with them." I made no effort to get out of the car, because frankly, I didn't feel like being an accessory to murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Terp,

I am so angry with you over question 11. When a question asks for a "word" response, count up the damn different word responses you get. PERIOD PERIOD PERIOD!

How the hell am I supposed to figure out what the goddamm most popular answer is going to be if you don't even honor your own rules of the game? Stop manipulating the results! The few points I lost through your manipulation of the answers to question 11 today could really hurt me in the Championship. Thanks alot for that.

If we don't have a fair game, with clear and unambiguously followed rules, I aint playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg wtf....

im willing to take jcools place lol
Old 09-07-2007, 11:28 PM

i put quake over cane for 1 reason: u know a cane is coming in time to leave...no such warning with quakes...
Old 09-08-2007, 12:26 AM

im pretty sure tornados are the most terrifying

but nobody but VR lives in the midwest so pog wouldnt know
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 AM

I get tornadoes here sometimes.

I've never been in a quake but that seems so much more scary.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:34 AM

ya

"finger of god" vs "ground shaking and pictures falling off walls"
Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya

"finger of god" vs "ground shaking and pictures falling off walls"

[/ QUOTE ]

A neighborhood in Oklahoma City obliterated after the big 1994 tornado there. It was over a mile wide.