Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-26-2007, 06:12 PM

Default 33 spew or standard?

SB is a 35/25/1.5 over 65 hands

pf: hero is CO 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
hero raises, btn folds, SB 3-bets, bb folds, hero calls

flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, hero raises, SB calls

turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks hero bets, SB calls

river: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, hero bets, SB folds
Old 11-26-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 33 spew or standard?

Interesting hand, I would play the same except the river in which I may want to just check. It is a card that may hit villains range here and it would suck to get c/r. Also I think he is calling with anything that has you beat. I want to see what others have to say about it.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM

pf, flop and turn are good. River is probably okay, this is just a very thin value bet. We have to be putting him almost exactly on AK or AQ for this to be correct, yes? I guess maybe we can fold out 33, 55-88 but he's likely to be calling with those hands and almost certainly a 9, T, or J. I think i'm checking behind this river, though i'm open to criticism about it.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:12 PM

I'm gonna throw it out there that I hate this river bet. Not many people call down with A high after this action with every draw at least having a pair, so there is no value in the bet. As for folding a better hand, I could see folding a 4 or 55-88 here, but I doubt that he has one of these hands AND folds this hand to be profitable enough.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM

If I was villain I would fold A-high on that river. So I think this is a case where, if you get called, you lose. Was it supposed to be a value bet, or a bluff?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 PM

preflop through turn is standard imo. the river is really close though. Since the main draw got there on the turn a LAGTAG should be less likely to SD A high here which would make checking correct. That being said a lot of LAGTAGs play bad and this guy might be one of them who is auto showing down A high which would make a bet likely correct. I think I'd lean toward checking here and adjusting for the future is he shows up with Ax (no heart for example)
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 AM

Is the flop raise standard?

I guess we're ahead of his range, but when we're not villain will always pwn us with a turn c/r.