Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-26-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Top full PL025

Hello, it's my first post. Sorry for the hand converter, but my history is in spanish. I translated it.

Hard situation deepstacked, MUST call?

villan is in the sit 0 con $39,27.
Hero está en el asiento 3 con $51,15.

(Hero post Kd Qc Qh 2h.)

Pre-flop:
RedCrowns se retira.
Hero call $,25.
villans checks.

The flop comes 8d 5h Qd.

villan bets $1,25.
Hero raises $3,75.
villan calls $3,75.

The turn comes 8h

villan checks
Hero bets $7,85.
villan raises $34,02 and he is all in.

Hero?
Im pretty sure he cant hold 55 nor Q8. Villan is a nice player, have seen him doing nice calls and laydowns. Can Hero laydown his top full?

Cheers
Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Top full PL025

What are some examples of nice laydowns by him?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:21 PM

wtf? this is such a blatantly easy call... his range is much more polarized to random 8s with flopped draws than to 88. stop with all of these 'should I fold the obvious nuts' posts... please
Old 11-26-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are some examples of nice laydowns by him?

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd straight and 2nd set

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? this is such a blatantly easy call... his range is much more polarized to random 8s with flopped draws than to 88. stop with all of these 'should I fold the obvious nuts' posts... please

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, obviously I had a big doubt when i made the decission, not after seeing his pocket eights.
Why I should consider that's an stupid question?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:24 PM

its' 25PL, which means that the players are obviously stuck at this low limit.

stop being resuls-oriented.

call with 2nd nuts and get coolered sometimes... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 06:27 PM

isnt this answered in the FAQ?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isnt this answered in the FAQ?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi eule - I don't see how it could possibly be answered in a FAQ.
<font color="green">Edit: Oops. Sorry, it is addressed there. (Thanks for the correction, Pouncer). Yet this seems different to me.</font>

Hero has queens full and he believes Villain could neither have fives full nor eights full for the all-in raise.

And that just leaves quad eights or a bluff as the viable possibilities.

(I'd guess that a bluff was more likely than quad eights and call).

But QueroJosar apparently reads Villain as too nice of a guy to bluff. (I know we scoff at that, but maybe QueroJosar has read his opponent correctly).

Individuals are at different stages in their development as Omaha poker players. This question could actually be subtly more advanced than some of the rest of us are.

QueroJosar - For me, at my level of understanding of Omaha poker, and I strongly suspect most other posters on this forum, it would be an easy call.

Buzz
Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi Gordo - The nature of this forum is such that there is a wide range of readers with a wide range of questions, some advanced, some intermediate, and some beginner level.

Some of the questions and responses will be at your level of understanding. However, they won't all be right at your level. Some of them will be at a lower level, and perhaps some will be at a higher level. Maybe it will be possible to make some sort of subdivision or label opening posts in some way when we switch to the new software. The switch is less than two weeks away now. I don't know exactly what will be possible when we get the new software. (I posted a sticky with a URL at the top of this forum where you can get more information). I'm waiting to see what happens and then hopefully we'll all more or less adapt.

The opening poster, making only his second 2+2 post, took the trouble to convert from Spanish to English, I presume he wanted help. It's not unreasonable for anyone to come here seeking help.

You can either answer his question or not. I don't really care either way, (except I'm vaguely interested in knowing if your answer is the same as mine). If you think it's beneath you to answer someone's question then don't answer it. Just skip it and wait for a post you feel is more appropriate.

But please don't rebuke posters or potential posters with comments like[ QUOTE ]
stop with all of these 'should I fold the obvious nuts' posts... please

[/ QUOTE ]
Buzz
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Gordo - The nature of this forum is such that there is a wide range of readers with a wide range of questions, some advanced, some intermediate, and some beginner level.

Some of the questions and responses will be at your level of understanding. However, they won't all be right at your level. Some of them will be at a lower level, and perhaps some will be at a higher level. Maybe it will be possible to make some sort of subdivision or label opening posts in some way when we switch to the new software. The switch is less than two weeks away now. I don't know exactly what will be possible when we get the new software. (I posted a sticky with a URL at the top of this forum where you can get more information). I'm waiting to see what happens and then hopefully we'll all more or less adapt.

The opening poster, making only his second 2+2 post, took the trouble to convert from Spanish to English, I presume he wanted help. It's not unreasonable for anyone to come here seeking help.

You can either answer his question or not. I don't really care either way, (except I'm vaguely interested in knowing if your answer is the same as mine). If you think it's beneath you to answer someone's question then don't answer it. Just skip it and wait for a post you feel is more appropriate.

But please don't rebuke posters or potential posters with comments like[ QUOTE ]
stop with all of these 'should I fold the obvious nuts' posts... please

[/ QUOTE ]
Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello all,
Buzz, like you said, this is my first post in 2+2, the reason is that in my habitual spanish forum, the 2 people who answered my post said more or less "easy call" and I didn`t think so.
It wasn's a result-oriented post, I was nearly time out and when I finally called y felt I called to see his pocket eights, and there they were. Maybe I was on tilt and I didn't know it.
Anyway, I will probably laydown future situations like this, when I have the same feeling. I expect fold more 2nd hands than winner hands, lol.
I was nearly sure that most of answers wold be like there were, so I'm glad because unless one of them gave me "the right" to post the hand.
Sorry about my English.
Thank you.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:32 PM

Buzz,

Underfull versus top full is one question.

Very, very deep stack top full versus quads is another.

150 bbs with top full versus quads is a cooler, plain and simple.

From the FAQ

[ QUOTE ]
Q: Am playing correctly if I lose my stack with top boat vs. quads?
A: Yes. Unless the stacks are gigantic it is highly unlikely you will come away from this encounter with your stack intact.

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="green">Hi Pouncer - Yes, I see it. Thanks for the correction.</font>

OP -- welcome to the Omaha forum. It's a pretty good forum, but for the most part you'll find the advice at lower levels pretty routine.

Edit: And please don't fold top full for $40 at PLO25 unless it is a very specific player dependent read. You'll stack an underfull much more often than you'll run into quads.