Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 15/30 deep bluff

god i hate this, i dont' think i could hat it more
Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 AM

I don't really like the turn play, seems to set it up really awkward for you if he decides to push, putting you in a near breakeven calling situation. I think turn should be a bet, but since you check i would probably call his small bet and often shove over a larger bet. Shoving over his small bet can't be too bad either.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i dont know anything about the villain but i'm really snap calling K high here. i hate it when ppl say that when a bluff hand is posted but i'm legit, i really mean it, etc etc etc. this bluff sucks. sorry man.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did you get to the river with K high? KTs? you think he's calling with Jxs and Ax?

edit: i will admit that BB's willingness to cold call your 3/4 psb in such [censored] relative postition makes me think he's slowplaying, but his turn play is so bad if we have the sort of hand we actually have that I want to give him credit enough to just be straightforwardly playing a big draw. And by the river, if he's got the nuts or 54s then cool. you tried.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
god i hate this, i dont' think i could hat it more

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i dont know anything about the villain but i'm really snap calling K high here.

[/ QUOTE ]

sn plz
Old 11-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Agreed, dislike the line. If gonna bluff it I would have check raised the flop and lead pot bet on turn. As played I would have check called the turn. As said above, the 3 is a terrible river bluff card.

He has called off half his stack effectively so he is not folding the river...NB: I don't see him having a flush draw here or even a rag Ace...I think he thinks he is trapping flop and leading turn to protect against the draws. I'm guessing he flopped a set, tho if he is a total donk station I'm guessing he has AT - in which case he is caling river with both possiblities.

The key to the hand imo is the c/r was a big mistake, compounded by the bad river bluff card.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i dont know anything about the villain but i'm really snap calling K high here.

[/ QUOTE ]

sn plz

[/ QUOTE ]
just look for the player with 95% went to showdown.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 PM

I actually think he is kinda weak on the turn. I'd say there is a decent chance he has a high flush draw/gutterball combo.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 PM

If you think he has a missed combo draw then would if be smart to check call the river as you have the best possible missed fl. draw? Hoping villain recognises his only chance to win is to bet. If he checks back then u make no money, if has nothing then he is not calling you AI anyway. How about check call AI to maximise value?

Would be a hilarious line to take and a brilliant one if your read was spot on! Type in what you think he has before you call to justify it and minimise any flaming afterwards lol. A 'don't mess with me' check calldown FTW ;-)

In terms of playing the hand again though the check raise flop, lead turn is a more believeable play imo. See the '25/50 v traheho standard no?' thread. It is a very similar hand in terms of lines to take and believability... even though in that case the hero has a big hand - thus emphasising that the check rasie flop lead turn is a stronger looking play.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 PM

wow i don't like this hand. preflop just jack it or fold. flop's ok but with that many opponents you're likely to run into an ace. i much prefer reraise preflop bet flop. turn checkraise no strong feelings as it is so opponent-dependent (or here game-dependent since you don't know your opponents).

on the river i don't like the bluff but think it's only marginal and not bad. if your opponents are on the tighter side postflop it's pretty close.

duck what do you think his success rate will be against an average player?