Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-24-2007, 04:33 PM

Default GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

So her grandfather died after alot of hospitalizations, and she definatley saw it coming and so did her family but she isn't taking it well. I have to drive awhile and meet her family, which i've never done, and I really don't want to go. We aren't very serious. Is it -ev to just say "I don't want to go." and be honest?

I don't think lying is a good line... and I wouldn't expect her to attend a wake for my family and I doubt I would even invite her unless she knew the family member.

need help =-0
Old 11-24-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

"I wouldn't really feel comfortable, especially having this be the first time that I meet the rest of your family. I'm sorry."
Old 11-24-2007, 04:36 PM

You left out how long silly.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:37 PM

Does she want you to go or is she making you feel like you have to go? Have you talked to her about it at all?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:38 PM

alternately,

"Well I kind of have other things to do this weekend, but I'll tell you what, I'll go to your mother's funeral, she doesn't have that much time left anyway."
Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So her grandfather died after alot of hospitalizations, and she definatley saw it coming and so did her family but she isn't taking it well. I have to drive awhile and meet her family, which i've never done, and I really don't want to go. We aren't very serious. Is it -ev to just say "I don't want to go." and be honest?

I don't think lying is a good line... and I wouldn't expect her to attend a wake for my family and I doubt I would even invite her unless she knew the family member.

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to break up, go. If you do, then be honest, then break up with her in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does she want you to go or is she making you feel like you have to go? Have you talked to her about it at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

She is making me feel like I have to go, and she knows I have some plans for tomorrow. She gave me 1 day notice (its tomorrow). She told me to call her back because she had to go, we didn't finish talking about it
Old 11-24-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly that comes after asking 2+2....
Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to break up, go. If you do, then be honest, then break up with her in a couple of weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I don't want to break up and I don't want to go?

To be honest if she dumps me because of this, then she coudn't think too much of me the first place.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if I don't want to break up and I don't want to go?

To be honest if she dumps me because of this, then she coudn't think too much of me the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that, it's just that from her perspective you are failing to support her in an hour of need. And, if you're not very serious, then who cares if she dumps you?

mbillie's first line is pretty reasonable. Perhaps a better way of approaching it would be to say "I'm thinking about it. Here's my concern."