Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Multiple Screen Names

Is it against the rules of online poker sites to have multiple screen names? Obviously if someone is playing the same cash table or tournament with multiple accounts that is cheating. However, I am simply bored of my screen name and would like to start using a new one.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Multiple Screen Names

In most cases, yes it is against the rules. Many sites will ban your accounts if they discover you have more than one screen name. You can simply e-mail support and ask to change your screen name - some sites let you, some don't. If they don't, you can ask to close your account, and then open a new one with a new screen name. But check with the site first to see if they allow it - you might get blocked if you try that without permission first.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM

I think you can have as many play money accounts as you want, but assuming you play real money, all sites I know of only allow you to have one account and if they find out you risk having both banned. Having said that, I have had 2 different screen names for a poker site and they never found out :/
Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM

How can you be bored with a screen name? It's just a name. Now, if you wanted to change for some other reason (perhaps to remain annonymous so players can't get reads on you) I could understand.

Anyway, all sites I know don't allow it.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:33 PM

UB will allow multiple accounts. Also, if I site has skins it is often possible to play on the same tables under different names (not at the same time though as this would be cheating in a big way).

Lucky
Old 11-21-2007, 12:38 PM

You wouldn't be able to load with the same funding information. Poker Stars banned my name after I had already loaded money and they asked me to change my user name which I did. Then, when I tried to load again using the same epassporte account I had earlier, it was denied because the epassporte info I was using was registered to the banned inappropriate name (AllNBiyatch). I was told to create a new epassporte account, but ofcourse I had the same problem there. The bank account info is registered to the old account. It's a big ol' cluster F@#$.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:09 PM

Then how do they let pros like Townsend and Caby have multiple sn's?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:46 PM

has anyone tried to abandon an account on full tilt and make a new one? I have really been wanting to do this because when i first started playing i did not know about rakeback. now that im playing a lot more I really want rakeback and am willing to make a new account to get it. Do you think anything will happen if i make a new one with a dif email? i deposited with a pre-paid visa so i dont think they could really tie it back to me other then with IP address.

any thoughts on that?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:06 PM

good luck. they we're d*cks to me from trying that
Old 11-28-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it against the rules of online poker sites to have multiple screen names? Obviously if someone is playing the same cash table or tournament with multiple accounts that is cheating. However, I am simply bored of my screen name and would like to start using a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how common this is, but PokerStars will only allow you to have one name on each computer, that is, since I already created an account on my own computer, my wife or my son would have to go to another PC to set up their account.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this is, unless someone thinks family members or roommates would be colluding by all playing on the same computer at the same time.

I suppose that with multiple mice and monitors you could do this, but side-by-side laptops would make a lot more sense than using one computer.