Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

Wow ZJ had multi accounts too? Why didnt you tell me?

In other news

Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM

What is the problem? Him and his sister played in the same event on the same IP...Big deal. That's no problem because family members can play in the same MTT event. I've emailed them before about this because me and my dad live in the same household and use the same Internet. They said it's fine. They also said it's forbidden to enter Snsg and cash games. So it's only possible to enter MTT's together.

ZJ had multiple accounts, like 8 to 9 playing in the same tourney. I think there's a difference between you and your sister playing.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 AM

I have met mark on a couple of occasions and know many people who know him well and i know thatfor a fact that p2k account is his but it is almost never him playing on it. Although mark has had great tourney success, im pretty sure he is a pretty notorious cash game fish whos parents are very very rich. I have met a lot of cocky ppl in poker but possibly none who came off more instantly cocky than mark. Im pretty sure he did tell me something about having a ferrari or lambo or something within 10 minutes of meeting him.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 AM

I totally knew man walked on the moon already LDO
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have met mark on a couple of occasions and know many people who know him well and i know thatfor a fact that p2k account is his but it is almost never him playing on it. Although mark has had great tourney success, im pretty sure he is a pretty notorious cash game fish whos parents are very very rich. I have met a lot of cocky ppl in poker but possibly none who came off more instantly cocky than mark. Im pretty sure he did tell me something about having a ferrari or lambo or something within 10 minutes of meeting him.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that persona comes across very abruptly from any shows Ive seen him on (EPT)

Why would his stars account be used (by the sounds of things) mainly by other players. Esp if his SN is one of the biggest winners at 25/50 why would that player not have his own account
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 AM

Any more drama, Stars statement ?? I hope it's all [censored] thought because this stuff isn't good for the online poker community... It scares fish...
Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the problem? Him and his sister played in the same event on the same IP...Big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the naive olympics are being held later this year, have you been selected for your national team?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I totally knew man walked on the moon already LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain the origins of your avatar. this is srsly killing me.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how pokerstars can determine if two different people were sitting at home playing on 1 computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless i missed something in the thread, it appears that 5 people were sat in one persons home playing the same tourney.

There is like 1.4 million dollars and Pokerstars' reputation on the line here - they will investigate further im sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you (or anyone else) really not see a problem with the system as a whole if:

-stars had nothing in place to stop this when registrations were taken
-stars willingly accepted the rake money from this and other similar situations
-stars is now only spurred in to action to investigate the first place player despite the massive amount of information they have on the other 2997 'players' in the event?

(fwiw i think the most appropriate response is probably to just let it go and not investigate)
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 AM

whether these allegations come to be truth or not, i think you can see why on-line poker will not be legalized in the usa, anytime soon.

it's interesting how everyone was berating the usa for making on-line poker illegal based upon it being classified as a game of chance, when the real concern is that on-line poker does not have the security in place to prevent cheating.

i will not be surprised if more euro countries start to ban on-line poker for security reasons. the on-line sites have very well demonstrated that they are more interested in raking in the rake today, rather than spending capital to provide the adequate security measures needed in today and tomorrow's on-line world.
Closed Thread