Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 PM

Default ***Video*** 25NL on Stars Vol. 2

Click Here Enjoy
Old 09-06-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: ***Video*** 25NL on Stars Vol. 2

TIA Skydancing, looking forward to watching it after I get back home.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:47 PM

Great video. It was even better than last one imo cause there were more situations with real decisions.

Some hands which were interestings and i'd like to comment on:

A4 hand raising in early position and making horrible bet on river. I mean this bet was really horrible. No justification for that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

AA hand. It goes raise, you reraise, he 3 bets and you push. Obviously it works cause you got called but if you're not a maniac i fold KK there. Nobody pushes QQ,JJ on that level. Am i wasting my time trying to slowplay (meaning not to 3,4 bet them pf)?

KK hand. T on flop and another one on the turn. All in bet on river. Your hesitation was obvious so its not an easy decision but more times than not i think you're beat.
Villain with a T doesnt cr turn cause that screams I have it. By leading he ensures you dont check behind, builds a pot and easier puts it in on the river.

AK hand in blinds. You check K high flop. Yuck. YOu call a river raise. Yuck x 2.

9Ts you 3 bet an UTG guy with 3% pfr? Ace flops and you think this is a good flop for you?

You raise with AJ and get a caller in the blinds. Flop is 88T. He leads into you and you raise. Fine play but you didnt check his calling bets %. If he's a station your raise is wasted on his 22.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA hand. It goes raise, you reraise, he 3 bets and you push. Obviously it works cause you got called but if you're not a maniac i fold KK there. Nobody pushes QQ,JJ on that level. Am i wasting my time trying to slowplay (meaning not to 3,4 bet them pf)?

[/ QUOTE ]nobody folds kings and people rarely ever fold anything at all after 3 betting anyways. c/o is a reg in this game to. If he knew anything at all he'd know my range here is AA and KK, that's it.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($39.20)
MP ($4.45)
CO ($35.30)
Button ($18.60)
SB ($33.15)
Hero ($32.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $32.1</font>, UTG folds, CO says "wtf" and calls $29.85 w/KK.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM

btw that guy played perfectly when you had Aces, everyone knows tens and nines always hit sets on the turn or river. Watching the video now, I actually like it because your getting called alot which happens to me at micros on party.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Just a quick question

At the 24 min mark why do you not put him on a flush? Just because you've raised the turn? I think alot of villains chase draws at lower levels hoping to hit and push the river like he did. I could be wrong though

The AK hand at the 29th min also seems strange, why do you just call and then not bet out on the flop? Again I'm confused as to why you dont put him on the flush

The Kings hand at the 31st min is semi interesting aswell, as it almost looks to me as though he has trip 4s and is betting the turn to price out the flush draws. That massive river shove happens alot and really confuses me (:

That quads hand was funny, especially with your image. Some poor guy was going to go broke.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:56 PM

I'll answere these questions directly tomorrow when i have some time. I will say that I know I'm going to make some mistakes when I play. I noticed a few things after I rewatched this video... I kinda need to think backwards at times in order to put the players on a hand. Thats why I took my time on the KK hand. I just didn't believe that he had it. I think especially in the lower limits players will always go for a C/R there. I could be wrong I haven't played that low in about 2 years.

The AA hand I wouldn't have pushed if I was playing in my regular game because I wouldn't get called. Guys will stack off with JJ+ (I guess TT too) in these lower limits which is why I played it that way in the video.

I'll address the other questoins later tomorrow. thanks for watching.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:02 AM

Downloading to watch this weekend. Thanks once again, Sky!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Sky,

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make another video. Once again it gives me alot to think about and work into my game.

Your videos really help players like me who have decent fundamentals yet lack the extra plays like 3-betting light, not giving up on hands automatically just because an overcard is out, picking on weakness etc. I sense these skills are what separate 2BB/100 winners from 4-5/BB winners...and that's where I want to be.

Thanks again bro, hope there are some more to come in the future!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sense these skills are what separate 2BB/100 winners from 4-5/BB winners...and that's where I want to be.

[/ QUOTE ]no, they don't. but I guess it really depends on your level. If you're playing the $25 you don't even have to include these skills to win at a good clip(5+bb/100). Just try to hand read and play position.

edit: I am by no means bashing skydancings style or videos because they are very helpful but 3-betting light is not going to help your wr as much as 2-3bb/100 IMO.