Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: PPA should fire Annie Duke

Would anyone disagree that Annie Duke is knowledgeable about the game of poker, how and where it is played, who plays it, and what is needed to preserve the freedom to play it? I dont think even Emporer would deny she has credibility on those points, and those are the points the committee was interested in. She also did pretty good on WTO questions, and "problem gambling" questions.

When they have a committee hearing on INTEGRITY in poker rather than the LEGALITY of poker, I will then investigate your claims to see if she has credibility as a spokesperson.

Skallagrim
Old 11-30-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mistake.

DN an AD

In case you missed it

Terrence's Nightmare

[/ QUOTE ]

all i see is stupid forum bs gossip ... there is not one shred of evidence that any of this is true
Old 11-30-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I work with people I dont personally like every day; if its good or necessary for my business, I put up with it and feel no need to mention it.

Whatever Annie's faults, to put her in the same league as the 1919 White Sox is way over the top.

She did a great job testifying, no question.

Leave the personal animosity outside of the cause, no one is asking you to socialize with her.

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone seems to be focusing on the one incident last year.
Daniel Negreanu has given many personal anecdotes of her BLATANTLY cheating.
HUNDREDS of posters here and on rgp have given personal anecdotes of her angle shooting, and THOUSANDS of posters posted condemning those actions. (feel free to use search engine)

The 1919 White Sox don't compare to Annie's compulsive problem imo.

I thought that by posting that I could drum up support to pressure the PPA into not being involved with Annie Duke. Obviously the posters of this subforum, or at least the ones trolling this post, are too starstruck to care about her credibility or how that might hurt our cause.

My mistake.

DN an AD

In case you missed it

Terrence's Nightmare

[/ QUOTE ]

TL;Dr do not care. She did a FANTASTIC JOB(volunteered her own time and received no payments) was personally asked to testify by a Congressmen that was so impressed by her he called for the Hearing....

Yeah what a terrible choice she was...I would like to hear OP opinion on who would've made a good choice because I am at a loss for what it take to satisfy some people..
Old 12-01-2007, 06:53 AM

[quoteI would like to hear OP opinion on who would've made a good choice because I am at a loss for what it take to satisfy some people..

[/ QUOTE ]

Satisfying me would have been really easy actually.

Anyone other than Annie Duke. A random person off the street would have been better.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 AM

Why is it that the Poker "community" feels the need to eat its own young?

I suspect that to be a good player you need to be driven, selfish, pursue any edge, to be aggressive and to be inividualistic. You also have to be perceptive, aware and understand the maths but the "negative" attributes are very visible. Poker is not a team game and many players and commentators lack inter personal skills, they just want to win. I'm afraid like in many sports the nice guy comes last.

So - my advice is if you can't be nice to our friends just STFU. Annie was an effective spokesperson, she is on our side. Stop attacking allies and use your natural venomistic attitude to attack our enemies instead.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:40 AM

As an aside I think Annie get more stick because she is a woman. Don't believe me? Try reading Ghosts at the table by Des Wilson. Many great players have dubious personality traits and flexible ethics but they are still respected.

Me I think some blokes don't like the girlie to win or to be as tough as them. Mind you from the links they do seem to have a good line in bitching.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aint that the truth!

D$D
Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I suspect that to be a good player you need to be driven, selfish, pursue any edge, to be aggressive and to be inividualistic. You also have to be perceptive, aware and understand the maths but the "negative" attributes are very visible. Poker is not a team game and many players and commentators lack inter personal skills, they just want to win. I'm afraid like in many sports the nice guy comes last.

So - my advice is if you can't be nice to our friends just STFU. Annie was an effective spokesperson, she is on our side. Stop attacking allies and use your natural venomistic attitude to attack our enemies instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

High stakes poker IS a team game.