Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: one more river spot vs. 2p2er

fwiw, i can have a seven here very, very easily. at the time of the hand, though, i don't know how aware of this he was.

about timing tells: i probably called the flop and turn bets fairly quickly, but not instantly. maybe within 10-15 seconds of the bets? i am looking at the hh in pt and i didn't time bank, which i tend to do a lot, perhaps more than anyone else playing these games, heh. fwiw, the villain bet the flop and turn without much hesitation but requested time on the river before overbet shoving.

i am more than capable of calling quickly on the flop and turn with a seven and tend to be ultra-concerned with balancing issues like this, possibly even too concerned. again, it's impossible for me to know whether the villain knows this, and i should note that we've only played like 1500 hands or so together.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i can have a seven here very, very easily. at the time of the hand, though, i don't know how aware of this he was.

about timing tells: i probably called the flop and turn bets fairly quickly, but not instantly. maybe within 10-15 seconds of the bets? i am looking at the hh in pt and i didn't time bank, which i tend to do a lot, perhaps more than anyone else playing these games, heh. fwiw, the villain bet the flop and turn without much hesitation but requested time on the river before overbet shoving.

i am more than capable of calling quickly on the flop and turn with a seven and tend to be ultra-concerned with balancing issues like this, possibly even too concerned. again, it's impossible for me to know whether the villain knows this, and i should note that we've only played like 1500 hands or so together.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you feel you are taking 10 seconds then certainly I wouldn't chalk that up to a quick call... it's more when someone calls within 1 or 2 seconds that you can almost always put them on something good but not great like top pair.

tough spot.. what'd you do?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 AM

well, it's quick for me. i 8table and tend to play slowly.

i ended up folding, and in the flow of the game, i remember it being an easy fold. if the villain wants to pm me what he had, i'll post it.