Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: river bluff vs. 2p2er

nice post goofy.

[ QUOTE ]

I also fail to see any metagame implications, because I doubt you're consistently checking a huge hand 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

i certainly do this with some frequency. in fact, i would never bluff here if i didn't play sets this way sometimes. what the villain thinks about this is more relevant and is a debatable topic, obviously. another question to ask, i think, is, "if thinking villains aren't folding top pair here, doesn't it make sense to take this line with sets sometimes?"

[ QUOTE ]
there simply aren't enough better hands in his range that fold here to merit this play relative to his air/monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i don't think this is a fact.

hypothetically, say he never has a monster here. cr > call > fold, or what?

question two: given the dynamic i described in the op, how often will he be checking the turn with a monster against me? how often should he be checking the turn with a monster against me?

and everyone, thanks for responding. i apologize for being kind of derogatory. it's nothing personal, just trying to get people to consider everything that's going on in the hand, maybe rethink the logic behind certain lines, etc.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 PM

*grunch*

I really dislike this. I think river is a clear call.

As it is, you are repping: missed draw/555/222. Given this range it is definitely profitable for him to call with any Q, probably any pair. And he probably knows this.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
let's just say i can very much play it for pair value postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of position against two opponents with a hand that will encounter overcards 70% of the time, that's pretty difficult. Make them skilled opponents that mix up value bets with two- and three-barrels a decent amount of the time and it's hardly a "joke" to say you can't profitably play TT for pair value here. Look what happened in this hand; you've turned TT into a bluff as a result of playing it for pair value.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does bloating the pot pre-flop help u avoid those problems u mentioned?

edit: btw, im not saying u shouldnt squeeze here, just questioning.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM

I pretty much think this is fps. He might fold JJ, but I dont see any1 folding a queen on the river here atleast not very often.

And squeeze pre 100% of the time here, it is way more +EV than calling. ahead of villains calling range+ 15 dollars in the pot you pick up often+ initiative makes it way more +EV than playing TT oop 3way in a single raised pot
Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does bloating the pot pre-flop help u avoid those problems u mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

- It gives you initiative (solves the problem of folding the best hand postflop when you get multi-barreled on a JxxK board or whatever)
- It gets the pot HU, which means that overcards are less scary cause they hit one person's hand less often than they hit one of two opponents' hands.