Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 10:39 PM

Default cancer -alternative therapies?

A very close relative has been diagnosed with cancer and basically told its incurable and has spread-ruffly given a year to live -thats with chemo and radiation.Ive heard many stories of people given 6 months to live and going to somewhere like mexico for alternative therapies ie-diets,IV etc and then lasting 5-6 yrs.Of course until it happens to someone close to you -u never really pay attention.I am wondering if anyone has any expeience with any alternative cancer therapies (non chemo/radiation)and or can recommend any clinics.With all the scammers out there its a tough situation.But when you are in dire need you'll try anything.

thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: cancer -alternative therapies?

from what I've heard you have to totally change your lifestyle and diet as a prerequisite for any of the alt thera;pies, and most poeple are unable to do so.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 PM

I have some close family experience with this. The alternative treatments are basically bogus. There is no huge conspiracy going on by the drug companies to keep legitimate treatment out of the hands of normal people. Sorry. Cancer treatment is anything but an exact science, and even the best doctors are mostly guessing at what will work.

If I were given only a year to live and had to have chemo and radiation, I would rather die within a month than deal with the side effects of those treatments.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A very close relative has been diagnosed with cancer and basically told its incurable and has spread-ruffly given a year to live -thats with chemo and radiation.Ive heard many stories of people given 6 months to live and going to somewhere like mexico for alternative therapies ie-diets,IV etc and then lasting 5-6 yrs.Of course until it happens to someone close to you -u never really pay attention.I am wondering if anyone has any expeience with any alternative cancer therapies (non chemo/radiation)and or can recommend any clinics.With all the scammers out there its a tough situation.But when you are in dire need you'll try anything.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be fooled by the alternative therapies. cancer has nothing to you with your body's pH or how much calcium you get. i would shoot kevin trudeau in the face with a shotgun without blinking.

chemo + radiation is the best bet for your loved one to live the longest, most normal life they can. maybe they'll live 2 years. enjoy it while you can.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were given only a year to live and had to have chemo and radiation, I would rather die within a month than deal with the side effects of those treatments.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think so. my dad was in pretty much the same situation as op, and chemo and radiation kept him alive 18 months, and all but maybe 2-3 months of that he was in pretty good shape. obviously the chemo is a grind, but his quality of life was remarkably good really.

btw op, what type of cancer. my dad died of pancreatic cancer a couple years ago beginning from a similar prognosis, i can probably answer any other questions you might have.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 PM

kevin,

That is my stance on it. Of course there are many variables involved. My family has had very adverse reactions to chemo and radiation.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 PM

I watched both of my parents die of cancer.

Maybe they can fix it in Mexico. I honestly don't know.

I do wish you all the best.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 PM

the cancer is in the esophagus and has spread to some lymphnodes.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kevin,

That is my stance on it. Of course there are many variables involved. My family has had very adverse reactions to chemo and radiation.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry if i came off as authoritative on it. of course, everyone reacts differently to different things. I just commented because i think a lot of people have the perception that chemo is all evil and not worth doing, but in my experience it was a very positive thing.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:07 PM

some info, guy has good info but like I said he states clearly that most people can't make the radical dietary changes necessary. like way most. also his wife had/has cancer so maybe he knows what he's talking about.

http://georgegordon.org/Radio_Archives.htm#Archives

[ QUOTE ]
3 - Broadband - Dial -up -- The Essiac Report - Part 1 of 7

4 - Broadband - Dial -up -- The Essiac Report - Part 2 of 7

5 - Broadband - Dial -up -- The Essiac Report - Part 3 of 7

6 - Broadband - Dial -up -- The Essiac Report - Part 4 of 7

7 - Broadband - Dial -up -- The Essiac Report - Part 5 of 7

8 - Broadband - Dial -up -- The Essiac Report - Part 6 of 7

9 - Broadband - Dial -up -- The Essiac Report - Part 7 of 7

[/ QUOTE ]