Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Driving the Ball 280 to 300.....Really???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled (and not very good) brag post?

Driving contest HU for rollz? I'm sure a number in here would take that bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres me at impact with 7 iron.

Still want that bet... don't think so...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I have a buddy with an impact position like you. He plays it off his back heel (delofts), then hoods down the club to square the clubface with the target (further deloft), then delays his release (further deloft), has his hands too far ahead at impact (further deloft) and then hits a 180 yard 7 iron with a 2 iron trajectory.

PS. I could be wrong about the impact position on your swing, perhaps your ball position was fine, and you just hit 3 inches behind the ball???
Old 10-05-2007, 02:18 AM

The reason why most players play bad golf is the fact that they have what is called clubhead throwaway at impact. Instead of maintaining the lag pressure all the way down past impact - they end up losing it and throw the clubhead into impact. There is no such leakage in my picture. Notice the flat left wrist.

Regarding the ball position - I don't think this picture was quite face on...and it only takes a degree or two off to make it look far back...test it for yourself in a mirror to see what I mean. I usually play golf with my dad and he's not so good at taking shots but I am just happy that he's willing to take them.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:30 AM

I regret ever posting in this thread. Seriously if you hit it far post a video, not for any other reason except that it's fun to see other people's swings.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason why most players play bad golf is the fact that they have what is called clubhead throwaway at impact. Instead of maintaining the lag pressure all the way down past impact - they end up losing it and throw the clubhead into impact. There is no such leakage in my picture. Notice the flat left wrist.

Regarding the ball position - I don't think this picture was quite face on...and it only takes a degree or two off to make it look far back...test it for yourself in a mirror to see what I mean. I usually play golf with my dad and he's not so good at taking shots but I am just happy that he's willing to take them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just trying to get on your case-- it's a pretty solid position, to the extent we can tell from a still. I agree that a "flip" through impact is much weaker than a higher compression lag. It would be nice to the entire swing.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to brag, but I guess I'll post this stop motion of me and my swing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be noted here that the ball coming off Clark's club here made the approximate same sound as:

Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just trying to get on your case-- it's a pretty solid position, to the extent we can tell from a still. I agree that a "flip" through impact is much weaker than a higher compression lag. It would be nice to the entire swing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah a video would be good.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Most players who claim to hit it 300 yards couldn't carry it more than 275 anywhere near the fairway more than 10% of the time.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Its the internet stupid its filled with people that could of played pro sport if only they got the brakes, are irresistible to women, have a twelve inch [censored], know just what any politician should do to usher in a golden age of prosperity and enlightenment, and hit their drives 300 yards carrying all the way.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:10 AM

Golfers are nothing but a bunch of liars. I used to play a bunch of local amateur tourneys a few years back at a 5 index and a 105-107 mph swing speed with my driver and averaged about 240-250 and I wasnt out driven too much. And this is against fields of players 9 hcps and less.

Remember for an average you have to crush one 450 to make up for the one you duffed 150.

I would comfortably estimate that for every 20 golfers you got in a room that say they averaged 300, you'd have 19 liars and one guy that's exaggerating.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote from a linked article above:

Among the 33 golfers who had a course handicap of 10 and under, seven were scratch players, helping lower the amateur group handicap to 12, well below the national course-handicap average of 17.

So how did these better-than-average amateurs fare? The average score for the entire test group was 96--24 over par--six shots worse than their reported averages. When broken down into higher handicap (over 10) and lower handicap (10 and under) players, even more major differences reveal themselves. (See accompanying diagrams for more detailed hole-by-hole analysis.)

Distance and accuracy off the tee The golfers in our test averaged 212 yards per drive on the measured holes (Nos. 4 and 9). The tour average during the Buick event was 285 yards; Woods averaged 298. So Tiger has an 86-yard head start on our players. Our 10-and-under handicappers bridge this gap by nearly a quarter, to 232 yards, trailing Tiger by 66 yards.