Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Orange box & Team Fortress two beta thread

Wow. This was so much more fun than I had expected, especially surprising after I found that there were no grens. They have done a really good job.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 PM

Game of E3 1999 is pretty fun.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I try to load up TF2 I see the valve screen, see a background with 4 characters. Then nothing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Apparently according to some boards I've read I'm not the only person with this problem [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It did that for me. I fixed it by going to Zone Alarm and allowing all the HF2 clients.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM

[censored]. I guess I'll buy it to try it out.

Surely someone will mod it and add in grenades (right, right?!)
Old 09-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Also can anyone add how much space steam + orange box takes up ? Not sure if I want to create a new VM for this or add it in to a old VM I have. Appreciated.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:43 PM

my computer is crashing like 5 times a day from this game, but i'm still playing.

Anyone else having crashing problems?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM

nope, does your computer run cs: source/ hl2 fine? Do you have the latest drivers?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM

I haven't had a single crash here. My guess would be graphics card issues, with latest drivers being the first port of call.

As to how much space it takes up, I've never actually looked into how to figure this out before. After a quick look I'm assuming the .gcf files in Valve\Steam\SteamApps tell all. There are 4 files in there that seem to relate to TF2, coming in total to 2.45GB.

Also, you're probably right about someone modding it with some grenades eventually. You will be surprised at how little it needs them though. I've been amazed at how good a job they have done.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:34 PM

notes from a bigtime QWTF player:

This game is a port of QWTF minus grenades. I don't understand why it took so long to come out when it is virtually the same game. The player models in QW were so precise whereas the clipping issues in this game bug me. I feel like I constantly fire rockets right through people. Why is QW multiplayer still better and more fluid and accurate than anything else made in the past ten years???? I realize this is an engine issue and not a TF2 issue but it still irritates me.

Demoman grenades are way too strong on direct hits. Spy invis seems like it will be easy to detect by changing your graphics settings. I preferred grenades + feign over invis + sapper. It's too hard to take out a sentry as spy. The medic is probably too powerful. I kind of like the sniper being this weak. Pyro is useless as ever. Soldier seems ok. HWguy gets a nice upgrade here. Overall I really really miss grenades but I guess it keeps the spam down in public play.

Anyway the game is still a blast to play.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Spy invis seems like it will be easy to detect by changing your graphics settings. I preferred grenades + feign over invis + sapper. It's too hard to take out a sentry as spy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You go completely invisible it just takes a second or two where you look like predator. I haven't had any problems taking out the sentry guns. The sapper is instant and they won't shoot you if you are disguised or cloaked. I pretty much agree with your other comments.