Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: film: 3:10 to Yuma

they let their prisoner have way too much space to move/kill ppl etc. sup???
Old 09-17-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they let their prisoner have way too much space to move/kill ppl etc. sup???

[/ QUOTE ]

yea exactly. This was just one of the details that really bugged me about the flick. They also told the villain to shutup about a thousand times. After the third time they would have just beat his ass to within a whisper of death. And who the eff let's a murderer in chains eat at the dinner table with his family? much less cut his steak for him? Total BS.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:30 PM

The only way the ending could have sucked more is if it turned out to be some bug's dream.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:45 PM

Why didn't they cuff Wade's hands BEHIND his back.

Just one of many retarded things that depressed me about the movie. I love westerns and was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, much of what happened made no sense.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't they cuff Wade's hands BEHIND his back.

Just one of many retarded things that depressed me about the movie. I love westerns and was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, much of what happened made no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't ride a horse with your hands behind your back.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way the ending could have sucked more is if it turned out to be some bug's dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even then it might of been close.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Both Versions

So, two weeks ago I saw this in theaters, and last night watched the original.

I liked the original better.

Basically, it did a better job of making me believe what it was selling. The new version added in a lot of extra scenes/fluff that weren't necessary and the only part I missed were the ones that showed how badass Wade's #2 guy was.

I'll take the tradeoff of "how do all of Wade's guys get there in 4 hours?" suspension of disbelief, over "running through town against 100 guys and Wade kills his whole team" disbelief.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Both Versions

Why the ending works

Up until his initial encounter with Evans, Wade has never met a decent human being. His parents were trash and even the "respectable" people of the time could be bought or had their own demons. He treats people like animals because in his mind they are. He spent days reading the bible as a child and had never met anyone that resembled the characters within. He finally meets someone that resembled a decent human being and spends the entirety of the movie trying to find the "animal" within him. The scene in the hotel in which the whole town becomes mercenaries and the sheriffs flee leaving Evans and wade behind is a microcosm of his experiences with people. When Evans confesses to wade that he isnt doing this for himself, but for the sake of his son and his family, he realizes that he has finally met a good man and is compelled to get on the train. He killed his crew because they murdered the only honest man he ever met.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Both Versions

[ QUOTE ]
Why the ending works

Up until his initial encounter with Evans, Wade has never met a decent human being. His parents were trash and even the "respectable" people of the time could be bought or had their own demons. He treats people like animals because in his mind they are. He spent days reading the bible as a child and had never met anyone that resembled the characters within. He finally meets someone that resembled a decent human being and spends the entirety of the movie trying to find the "animal" within him. The scene in the hotel in which the whole town becomes mercenaries and the sheriffs flee leaving Evans and wade behind is a microcosm of his experiences with people. When Evans confesses to wade that he isnt doing this for himself, but for the sake of his son and his family, he realizes that he has finally met a good man and is compelled to get on the train. He killed his crew because they murdered the only honest man he ever met.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, he killed the crew to finish the job his father started (so he could get on the train) and show the boy that he was capable of betraying even men most loyal to him and to give the boy an unromanticied view of who he really is. The boy then struggles with the choice of becoming Ben Wade by killing him or going back to the farm and being like his dad.