Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 AM

Default AC trip report - Taj and Showboat ...Saturday

I just came back from what looks like the start of another AC weekend binge. I went down with my buddies to play the 7pm Showboat-ament. 105+20 and the tourney had over 130 entrees. We hit some major traffic from the Jersey shore crowd so it took us almost 5 hours with stops for gas and food included.

We made it down just in time for registration. This tourney fills up really fast so you need to get there no later than 6:15. We had a half hour before the tourney started so we had some time to kill. I came up with the idea of sitting down at the 2-4 table and going bonkers... You know the drill, sit down and raise every hand, I call it tapping the glass or shaking the hamster cage. It was really a dick move by me, but I didn't realize it at the time. So I sat down and raised every hand. It never occurred to me how much the players at the table hated it. I mean, when I play, and a maniac sits down, I love it. He's gonna donate it all to the table. Why not give back? I figured that since I'm sitting down for a wee thirty minutes, I might as well play some poker and maybe catch some good variance by raising every hand and blowing 30 big bets. What the hell, right? It was fun. I had a blast. I sucked out on some girl when my raise on the turn with air (qj) rivered me a pair of queens ( I was actually ahead, she had q4o). So I guess I'll never do that again...well, maybe not for a while.

Ahhh the tourney... Yes, my tourney ended when on a board of K-J-7 rainbow, 5 limpers, (I limped in lp with KJs blinds were 600-1200...) it was checked to me and I bet 5k with about 12k behind me. Clown check raises me all in with a pair of nines.. Turn 10, river 8. Nice.

I ended up having a sick run at the 5-10 table at the Taj. I was destroying the table. At one point, a guy was holding his head in his hands in disbelief following another raise by me on the river on a board of QQ3-A-K...He makes the crying call and shows his AK and I table pocket 3's for a boat.

my blog: www.63o.blogspot.com
Old 07-30-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: AC trip report - Taj and Showboat ...Saturday

Nice TR. Yes, you are hated by the LLNL guys, but enjoy their monies!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM

I was at the 7PM tourney at the Showboat on Saturday. It was my first time playing in that room, and I was pleased overall with both the room and the tourney. I ended up finishing 16th, when 12 paid (ugh).

Where you there when that drunk guy punched the wall and was given a penalty, and ended up being blinded out while he was away? That provided entertainment for the rest of the night.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM

I heard about that, but I had left before it happened. I like the tourney better than the Taj (no antes!). I don't like the fact that they seat 11 to a table as the room already feels tight as is, but if it jacks up the prize pool, so be it.