Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 05:42 AM

Default Attention Passengers! Our autopilot is AWOL......

Well my autopilot has gone missing so Im checking my flightplan.....whats our turn line here? A truck load of outs, small pot.....

Reads: SB is a tight rock who hasnt done anything spectacular over about 60 hands at the time this hand came up, UTG is a passive playing practically every hand, he never raises preflop and has been getting lucky and CO is an unknown who just sat down.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Attention Passengers! Our autopilot is AWOL......

I bet.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:33 AM

Definately bet.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:46 AM

bet and its not close
Old 02-27-2006, 06:46 AM

*grunch*

Bet. You have a weak pair (possible best hand) and a flush draw and a 4 out straight draw. I give you 2.5 outs for the two. 7.5 outs for the flush draw, since you will not ALWays have the best flush when it hits. I will give you 2 outs for your threes since anyone with a 5 will now have a straight. And I will estimate that any time a 5 comes your straight is good 80% of the time (someone could have a higher straight redraw, or a higher club redraw) for 3.2.. round it to 3.5 outs. This gives a total of .... 2.5 + 7.5 + 2 + 3.5 = 15.5 outs if you are behind to a an 8 or a 4. If you get raised you have the odds to call with 5 BB in the pot.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 AM

I'd be happier betting this if you were in position, mostly because I get burned when I bet 2nd (or worse) pair out of position on the turn when the flop was checked around. With a straight draw/flush draw I think you can do it though.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:09 PM

This was well thought out, but you mention redraws here. We are not subject to redraws in this hand. We are doing these calculations at the turn, and the next card is the river, thus no redraws because the hand will be over!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:12 PM

I would check with the calling station behind us. We have no FE with him. I think it's close though because we have several outs to the best hand. I think I'd bet last to act.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:18 PM

Bet - if you would call a bet in a pot that no one has shown interest, then it's better to just bet it yourself.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:38 PM

A 2BB pot. An unknown and a calling station and I'm OOP. A bet may not buy you the pot with two over cards and two [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s sitting there.

And if you do bet, you just about need to call a raise if unknown CO wakes up. I don't like an unknown sitting with position on me and I don't think the pot is worth fighting over.... yet.

Yeah we have outs, but I'd like to see them for nothing with the pot this small. If the turn checks through, bet the river?