Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: OK now....

I think your use of bold and caps is ridiculous, so there.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:39 PM

pairtheboard - seems pretty logical to me.
If they don't give a quality product then don't accept it.

The new PM system with all the received and sent PM's all bunched together seemed absolutely ridiculous although I didn't have enough time with it to figure out if there was a way to fix that.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank 2+2 for pretty much being completely non-functioning all weekend.
I had one of my most productive weekends of ACTUAL POKER ever getting in about a ga-zillion hands.
thanks 2+2 for helping me get it back in gear!!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HUGE BOXES FOR ONE LINE POSTS ARE RIDICULOUS

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the boxes are roughly the same size. It's just that it's less noticable in this style because the reply buttons are at the top and the text in the body is vertically centered (instead of shoved all the way up), which cuts the whitespace in half, some above and some below.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's ridiculous that the Software Company (ubb?) provides upgrades that FORCE new skins on us that are fundamentally inferior in Key Feature design functionality.

HUGE BOXES FOR ONE LINE POSTS ARE RIDICULOUS

WIDE BODY THREADS AT 640x480 ARE RIDICULOUS

FONT SIZE ONLY 18 YEAR OLD EYES CAN READ IS RIDICULOUS

If the Software Company FORCES us to use only Skins with these DISFUNCTIONAL Features in its Upgrades then we should find another Software Company to deal with. I can't believe the site owners would let themselves be bent over like this.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

This is typical of how these types of company's work. I remember years ago I was a member of a very popular forum that used FirstClass software via dial up. We were going along quite nicely and then SoftArc (makes of FirstClass at the time) came out with a major upgrade and wanted us to use it (we were a non profit computer user group and they gave us their software free). We did and after about 3 months we had lost 20% of our normal traffic. This was directly related to the upgrade which sucked. Different layouts. Different menu's. Different structure. It took us another 3 months to switch back to our trusty old version and things settled down.

I agree with you 100% about the font size issue with the new software. Fine for an 18-25 YO but there are plenty of us on here who are older and can't read that small.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The new PM system with all the received and sent PM's all bunched together seemed absolutely ridiculous although I didn't have enough time with it to figure out if there was a way to fix that.

[/ QUOTE ]

MB, the new PM system is actually quite cool, once you understand it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Threaded PM's with multiple participants is HOT.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This kind of sensibility will kill off 2+2. You're not over-reacting to this nearly enough, and you really didn't over-react enough to the upgrade either. Try harder, sir, or 2+2 may die.

[/ QUOTE ]

The upgrade was a thousand times worse than the holocaust.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of sensibility will kill off 2+2. You're not over-reacting to this nearly enough, and you really didn't over-react enough to the upgrade either. Try harder, sir, or 2+2 may die.

[/ QUOTE ]

The upgrade was a thousand times worse than the holocaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, not having threads with new posts be a different color is like something the Nazis would have done.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 PM

Extra white space after my posts is such an infringement on my civil rights that I'll move to France if this [censored] continues.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Extra white space after my posts is such an infringement on my civil rights that I'll move to France if this [censored] continues.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-09-2007, 05:27 PM

Here's two one-liners, side-by-side under the current and the "improved" software:

They are very nearly the same size. The newer style is maybe six pixels bigger. There's more white space because the title bar takes up less space, and because the body text is stuffed up all the way to the top, and the "extras" are gone.