Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: The Ljubljana Conspiracy.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I have everyones attention, I can ask the question that has really been burning on people lips since this whole debacle started:

How the hell do you pronounce Ljubljana?

[/ QUOTE ]

lyOO'blyänä

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?....wav=Ljubljana
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 AM

Don't worry - the island will tell us what to do.

P.S. Is anything really funnier than a cryptic Sklansky joke?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:44 PM

yes, this UNcrypted Sklansky REMARK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] :

"I see no reaon for it to be farfetched that if there is a God he is mildly disgusted by the typical worshipper much the same way I am mildly disgusted by the typical fan who hasn't studied my stuff" 11/15/2005
Old 11-09-2005, 08:25 AM

I'm glad you started this thread. I've been thinking for the last week or so that this is all some puzzle that should be ... clearer.

Illumination ahoy.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-09-2005, 08:45 AM

wow there is alot of information that i wasnt aware of that you mentioned in this thread. andy prock created pokerstove and has said in other threads that there is alot of mathematical information that he knows about but wont share with the public. hes indicated that he has some really sickening software out there that everyone would love to have but he wont share it.

i really doubt andy prock is from slovenia as andy prock is clearly an american name. slovenia probably just hired him or purchased software from him and he probably helps develop their research online.

it really just sounds like they are developing poker bots which is indicated from the old rpg post about slovenia developing bots that everyone thought was a joke.

i did a search on google for tonda and it appears to just be a name. it is also a city in tuscany. i tried to do a slovenian translation of tonda to english and it it just came up with tonda.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow there is alot of information that i wasnt aware of that you mentioned in this thread. andy prock created pokerstove and has said in other threads that there is alot of mathematical information that he knows about but wont share with the public. hes indicated that he has some really sickening software out there that everyone would love to have but he wont share it.

i really doubt andy prock is from slovenia as andy prock is clearly an american name. slovenia probably just hired him or purchased software from him and he probably helps develop their research online.

it really just sounds like they are developing poker bots which is indicated from the old rpg post about slovenia developing bots that everyone thought was a joke.

i did a search on google for tonda and it appears to just be a name. it is also a city in tuscany. i tried to do a slovenian translation of tonda to english and it it just came up with tonda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Work TStone.

I agree A. P. is probably american. It's only that he is listed as being part of "Project Mayhem", which is based in Ljubljana. Of course, the project mayhem website appears to be purposefully shadowy and obtuse.

The old RGP post about Slovenian pokerbots was made on April 1st.

I searched Google for the terms Tonda & poker. There is a poker player called Tonda Hall mentioned in passing in a tournament log. However, s/he does not appear in the hendon mob database.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 AM

DISCLAIMER: Don't worry I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat (yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). However, everyone does love a good conspiricy. I am also of the belief that there are people lurking in the background who know more than they are letting on. Most of this information is probably more of a "gossipy" nature, rather than "OMFG leet poker botz gonna pizown our asses". Either way, I can understand their reasons for wanting to retain privacy, and I apologise for prying. However, the whole issue has become rather public and the presence of cryptic posts and obtuse websites seems somewhat designed to provoke curiosity & fuel gossip.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The theory isn't that they are all slovenian but that the slovenian government bankrolls poker players and poker research and people relocated there. Sgt. Rock is listed at that project mayhem site and he's from Seattle.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really doubt andy prock is from slovenia as andy prock is clearly an american name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew is definately American and lives in California. (unless he recently moved to Ljubljana).
Old 11-10-2005, 05:31 AM

When Prock was in Ljubljana twice earlier this year he didnt mention visiting any parties mentioned in this thread.