Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: WPT World Poker Challenge thread

[ QUOTE ]
I missed the end, who did win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooray for teh internets!

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/results/7057
Old 07-26-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So true. I liked how he was able to stare into JC Tran's soul and see that his A6o was good. Forget obvious betting patterns. It's all about the stone-cold reads, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]
The A6o shove into a guy who is pot committed is soooooo bad
Old 07-27-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This self-proclaimed "best player from Mexico" is terrible, he doesn't win this does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...damn, now I'm really insecure about my ability as a poker player. I mean, when Nam, Jc, Wasika, Sebok and a bunch of other feared circuit pro's said I was sick I thought I was probably pretty good...but now that tpir and dima2000 say I suck, I don't know anymore, I guess I do suck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gotta love 2+2 for that non-stop analysis of uninformed HH's. I'm not a fan of people that get offended when their play gets critiqued, and I'm not offended. I just get annoyed by the standard online know it-alls that love to analyze hands with like 25% of the actual information at hand.

That said, I admitted about 500 times before the episode aired that I played bad. I was drunk, nervous about the TV and I was getting played back at EVERY hand I played (like 4 weren't shown). Not to mention I was playing possibly the top two most consistant tourney players of the past 5 years (they would have owned either of you way before you could make the final 3 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])... Once I saw the episode though I didn't feel bad at all about my play because David had two pair or better almost every time against me. I don't think I ever had top pair, and I only had 1 pair preflop (folded around) and no hands above A8 I think, I had QK about 3 times and bricked every flop/got shoved on pre, the one time I did hit a pair it was on the river once the turn paired pham's kicker.

The only hand I think I actually made a decent mistake in was that 76 hand..I don't know if you noticed but I went from 1.5 mil after the 92 hand back down to a bit over 600k, I was frustrated FOR SURE and felt I was getting owned. I don't think I can ever check fold there, jc is betting at least 90% of the time when he's checked to on that flop imo, he could have any 2. The big shove was a combo of me missreading my stack (thought I had a bit over 500k behind before the hand, I had just lost a pot so I didn't count, that was a pretty bad mistake) and the fear of being outplayed again if I just call. Jc loves firing two barrels if you check twice so I thought there was no way giving him a free card would benefit me when I was oop. I thought about making it like 165 or so but I didn't want to get shipped on by 910 and have to make a bad fold with huge odds, also I thought a big bet might get him to lay down a weak 8 or better 7 because he knows I'll do that with bottom 2 or 910 (flipping) or A8, it actually took him like 3 mins to call...all in all I think my biggest mistake was that I had a pretty huge physical tell that I've been working on after a legit pro told me about it a month ago. Live and learn I guess.

Anyway, I just felt like explaining a bit. Good luck in the daily $150's.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 AM

<3 J.C.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<3 J.C.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<3 J.C.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<3 prtypsux

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<3 J.C.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol...damn, now I'm really insecure about my ability as a poker player. I mean, when Nam, Jc, Wasika, Sebok and a bunch of other feared circuit pro's said I was sick I thought I was probably pretty good...but now that tpir and dima2000 say I suck, I don't know anymore, I guess I do suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - I like your style!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM

jc > internet know-it-alls.