Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Default TT OOP need help

no read few orbits. I like that turn because I can bet it for value but river is [censored]. check folding is so [censored] so i fire again.

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $25.20
BB: $25
Hero (UTG): $25
MP: $19.30
CO: $31.42
BTN: $39.39

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.85</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2.85

Turn: ($9.05) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.75</font>, CO calls $4.75

River: ($18.55) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls $10
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: TT OOP need help

Looks fine to me. Maybe c/c river to induce bluffs but usually I'll valuetown it like you did.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:18 PM

What are we getting value out of here against an unknown? The turn sucks for your hand and the river sucks more. I think Im definitely missing something here. Is 88 paying you off here? Thats pretty much the only hand I can think of.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:33 PM

i thought the same thing, theres no value betting here.

im torn between c/c and c/f though
Old 11-22-2007, 10:33 PM

88,77,66,55,44. Most likely hands beating us are A3/A2, possibly JJ. I think we're still ahead and will get calls from most of that range.

No?

Edit: Do you guys think AJ+ are still around after the turn bet? It is a bit small I suppose and most people will know the turn card doesn't change anything. Meh, I guess c/c is better then leading the river. I don't think I'll fold unless it's pretty close to pot sized or bigger.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:34 PM

What is this guy calling with? Obviously we have no reads and don't know what any of his proclivities are but on the river I feel like you will be shown an ace. It would be pretty sick if the guy called the whole way with a dry ace and it would definitely cause me to get up out of my seat and take a quick walk around my house.

I suppose he could have something like JJ/QQ/KK and wanted to play them sneaky but come on the turn he can't raise for in fear that you have a nine. But I feel like this is such a small percentage of his hand range because we would of expected a raise from these hands either PF or on the flop.

I don't think he has a nine either as he doesn't raise anywhere in the hand and you would think that he would get his money in on the turn or the rest of yours on the river.

Could he be hanging around with something like 55-88 and just not believing you and being stubborn? My inclination tells me that I feel like we are going to see a sick ace on the river just from how passively our vill played the hand. I feel like any other hands that he could possibly have would put in a raise somewhere during the hand.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:37 PM

I feel like the hands that we will see are the hands that were to stubborn to for vill to get away from. That being said 55-88. Even a dry ace I feel like is possible since we don't now any of our vills proclivities. But at the same time what if we bet the river not for value but as a blocking bet? We don't think we are ahead of a lot of vills hand ranges but if we check it to him he may bet on the river and move us off of our hand. What if we made the river bet $7 to serve as a blocking bet?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:48 PM

I c/f here. I like to vb thin and this is too thin for me.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:25 PM

I'm definitely checking the river, he's not going to call you with anything worse *unless he's an absolute fish.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:47 PM

CO looks like a donk player IMHO. He's the #2 stack at the table but only calls down for the whole hand? He just called PF to a raise-n-call in front of him so he could easily be on JJ, QQ here. I don't think he's on a sucker Ace since he didn't come over on the River. On the other hand, he wasn't afraid to call the River bet so he knew you weren't on an Ace either. I think you have to bet this River as you did.