Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Forming a Low Limit STT Study Group

Hey all,

Okay so here's the plan. I want to form a low limit study group. Anyone that plays $11 - $33 STTs is welcome to join in. It would be preferable (at least this time around) that the participants play on Party Poker, since the blind structure/starting stacks/speed of the SNGs differ from site to site. I think the ideal participants for this group would be Party Poker $11-$33 SPEED players.

Here's how I see it working.

1. Form a group of 4-5 players (possibly more if interested... maybe 2-3 groups?)
2. Start an IRC channel, so we can all chat as a group there, and we can share our AIM/MSN screen names.
3. Pick out 5 - 8 random SNGs, and submit them to me. I will then distribute each player all of the SNGs in a zip file via eamil or whatever.
4. As a group, we pick one STT from each player in the group, and we all analyze them and put comments in for each hand that we see needs comments. We should probably do one SNG from each player, per day (or whatever, this is negiotiable). That's 4-5 SNGs you need to review each day.
5. I take the comments we all make for each HH and put them all into a master HH (similar to Indys) and then post it on the internet or whatever so we can all see the comments.
6. We discuss and debate, and hopefully advance as players through the course of a week or two.

That's just the idea, I am felxible on how it will work, etc.

I think that this will be a great (probably the best) learning tool that we can engange in, because not only are the SNGs games that we have played, but we are all taking active part in critically analyzing each others game.

Anyway, what do you think? Whos interested?

-Tick
Old 04-22-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Forming a Low Limit STT Study Group

This is a freaking outstanding idea. I was going to propose something similar a little while ago, but I'm lazy and lack anything resembling administrative ability. I play $22 speeds.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:30 PM

I am extremely interested in this, and I play $27s on PS.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:31 PM

im totally down. i play 11s and 22s
Old 04-22-2006, 05:31 PM

This was attempted maybe half a year ago...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...amp;sb=5&o=

It took 3 weeks to organize and lasted one round of HH trading (1 week). If you think you can last longer than one week in organizing this, then I'm behind you.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:35 PM

Tick,
Your idea sounds great. Im interested too. I play the party speed 11s and a few 22's
Old 04-22-2006, 05:37 PM

that is an awsome idea. i would definetly want to be a part of this. an irc channel dedicated to stts alone would be beneficial. i currently play the 11 and 22 regulars on party but am considering playing in speeds. i would love to participate in this
Old 04-22-2006, 05:41 PM

Defintely in, i play 33 speeds on party
Old 04-22-2006, 05:44 PM

I'm in ... 11-22 Speeds on party depending on mood and time of the day.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:56 PM

Okay so there is definitely some intrest here.

I'm going to go eat some supper. I will wait a few hours before I do anything with this because I want to give all potential participants time to respond.

With all these people, im not exactly sure how we should go about doing it. One big group would be, huge. So I think I should break up into groups of 5 or so. I will create an IRC channtel later tonight that we can join to talk strategy, etc.

Also, to make things run smoother, I think I am going to write up a PHP webpage to help us. Basically it would take all the HHs and each participant is given a login. Each day you go thru the designated HHs for that day and go through each hand by pushing "NEXT", and leave your comments (if any) at the bottom of the page in a textarea. I will make this software and it can be sort of an upgrade from the HH Reviewer I wrote a while back, and it will definatly help us to review the HHs.

So yeah, if I do that it will take a few days to get organized. Anyone who wants to participate should leave me a PM, just so I dont miss anyone. Make the subject "Interested in your study group".

I'll be back later. Looking forward to this.

-Tick