Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Coast To Coast

Just curious if any other OOT'rs enjoy this late night kook radio show. I'm listening again now that Art Bell is back on the weekends.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
Old 08-27-2006, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Coast To Coast

not a one? This is like the most listened to radio talk show in the US (world?). Online streaming isn't free, but it's available on AM pretty much anywhwere.

Anyway, if you enjoy conspiracy theories, crazy people calling in at 3am, people claiming to be time travelers, etc., tune in. Saturday and Sunday is especially entertaining since Art is hosting.

Tonights show is on psychedelic drugs.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:23 AM

I listen to Coast to Coast via XM radio in my car if I am out late (usually 2am or later). In the past I could get the show through local radio and tuned in most nights, but that station got bought out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

the phil hendrie show was also a good listen.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:57 AM

I listen on late night drives. I remember driving in the middle of Maine at 2am and I can't remember the subject matter, but whatever they were talking about was making me see things in the woods. I had to look twice anyway.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 AM

I hate it because the first time I heard it, Bart Sibrel was the guest. He was explaining his "evidence" to support his theory of faked moon landings. And the host was eating it up! I was mad that someone was willing to give this guy an opportunity to air his views.

This was before I knew about the show. Now I realize that the main draw is the weirdos they put on. But that first show left a poor impression in my mind.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious if any other OOT'rs enjoy this late night kook radio show. I'm listening again now that Art Bell is back on the weekends.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the heads up. did not know art bell was back. that show is pretty awesome.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 AM

One of my favorite shows. The caller last night relating his "dinner plate" full of mushrooms was hilarious.
Do you know why Bell moved to The Phillipines?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not a one? This is like the most listened to radio talk show in the US (world?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Rush Limbaugh is #1, Sean Hannity is #2, and Glenn Beck is #3 (eventually to be #1 I hope) - all of which I enjoy a great deal more than Coast to Coast with Art Bell. Maybe Art's show is "most listened to at 3:00 AM show in the US," but definitely not the most listened to.

Too many freaks and wackos on Coast to Coast and he just eats it all up and loses more and more credibility with every comment. No thanks.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, Rush Limbaugh is #1, Sean Hannity is #2, and Glenn Beck is #3 (eventually to be #1 I hope) - all of which I enjoy a great deal more than Coast to Coast with Art Bell. Maybe Art's show is "most listened to at 3:00 AM show in the US," but definitely not the most listened to.

Too many freaks and wackos on Coast to Coast and he just eats it all up and loses more and more credibility with every comment. No thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't doubt nutball right wing radio hosts have suprassed all in the US now, as scary as that is. It's funny that you compare any of these in terms of credibility.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know why Bell moved to The Phillipines?

[/ QUOTE ]
All I know is he fell in love with and married a young Philippine girl.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:56 PM

I used to listen to this chow coming back from poker games at like 3am. This show is hillarious! The host has got to be the most credulous person I have ever heard of.