FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 1 - Four vs. Thirteen
Back to the Future 154 81.48%
Westworld 35 18.52%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Avatar Garage Tutorial #3 Setting up an avatar

[ QUOTE ]
i know how to make a gif from any file, but i don't know how to store my avatar on internet in order to link it in my user profile.
Any help ?

Sorry for the english.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Psycho Boy Jack,

Here is some information on how to get your avatar setup.

1. Find or create the image you want.

2. Save it on your computer's hard drive.

3. Find a place online to host the image. Then transfer/upload the image to the online host.

Imageshack will host images for free and you don't have to register to use the service. Photobucket will host it for free also but you need to make an account to use the service. There are lots of other methods to get the image hosted online but these are the easiest ones.

4. Once you get the image uploaded to the host you picked in step 3 you will get a URL. A URL is the address of your image online. It will look something like this.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...6/stueyfly.gif

5. Now that you know the address of your image online you just have to tell 2+2 where it is.

That should do it but there are some common mistakes that can cause it not to work.

1. Only use images that end with .gif .jpg .png

2. It works best if the image is 80x80 or at least square as in 180x180 so when 2+2 resizes it to 80x80 it will not distort the image.

3. The URL must be valid. All valid URL's have http:// at the start and must end with an extension listed above. If one letter or slash is wrong it won't work look close to be sure you got it right.

There are other things that could go wrong but these are the normal ones. Feel free to pm me if you can't get it to work.

This is a copy of a post I made awhile back to try and help someone so I have been adding stuff to is as needed. Try the following things if you are still having problems.

How to reset your cookies.

At the bottom of the My home screen click the my cookies button and it often solves any odd problems you might be having.

Then

Also recently they have changed the forum software and you need to have your current password filled in when attempting to make any changes to your profile.

It is all much simpler than I just made it sound. Your English is better than mine. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Once you get this figured please come join me and make some avatars for others here.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Avatar Garage

Stuey- Would it be possible for me to get a Kate Beckinsale avatar, preferably from one of the Underworld movies? I'm not really picky on which scene...just one that demonstrates her unstoppable hotness. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stuey- Would it be possible for me to get a Kate Beckinsale avatar, preferably from one of the Underworld movies? I'm not really picky on which scene...just one that demonstrates her unstoppable hotness. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably not what you want, but it is a start.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably not what you want, but it is a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely on the right track...thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stuey and the gang-

I like my current avatar, but someone recently pointed me at this guy:

He solved the Poincare conjecture and looks awesome. Can we work him into my avatar somehow? Like, maybe Serpico throws him to the ground, or he takes the part of Serpico in the animation? Or whatever .. you always seem to have good ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

would this work?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:18 PM

Hey Stuey, any new ideas for me? Thx.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stuey and the gang-

I like my current avatar, but someone recently pointed me at this guy:

He solved the Poincare conjecture and looks awesome. Can we work him into my avatar somehow? Like, maybe Serpico throws him to the ground, or he takes the part of Serpico in the animation? Or whatever .. you always seem to have good ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

would this work?

[/ QUOTE ]
RandR-

That's awesome! What software did you use to do it?

It's a little over the 100K mark, but the awesomeness makes up for it, IMO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I might tweak it a little by adding the black border to all of the frames and making it stay frozen on Serpico's face for 12 seconds or so. I know how to change the timings, and I can probably figure out the border.

I just switched to doing things on my Mac. Surprisingly, I found things a lot easier under Windows and Linux, but I'm sure that will all change soon.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:29 PM

I used Adobe ImageReady for the action scene and a program called FantaMorph for the face morph.

glad you like it!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:43 PM

Stuey, et. al.,

The Vision
Old 08-30-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Stuey, any new ideas for me? Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know most of these don't make much sense but oh well. Yes I know that is an jaguarshark. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

dukesucks that underworld one is awesome! I might try one from that movie also lots of cool stuff in it.

RandR you make good avatars I also use fantamorph for my morphs. Thanks for making that one I was kinda stumped as to what to do with that one. You got it perfect though wtg. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kipin I got no clue what you be speaking abouts.