5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.95
Hero: $57.20
Button: $53.60
SB: $86.15
BB: $50

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $4</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($8.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">

No stats on sb but iv noticed hes a serial min-raiser wether its a good hand or bluff. This means its hard for me put him on a tight range of hands. From his flop bet he obviously has a hand but i think he does not like the diamonds . What do we do here?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: TPGK+ 2ndnutFD facing decision.

I'd call and let him bet again
Old 11-29-2007, 03:33 PM

Make it $30 and call a shove. You want to get it in on the flop where you have the most equity.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM

Agree with neverscurred, just calling is bad, you are clearly playing for stacks on the flop. It's a fold/push decision.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with neverscurred, just calling is bad, you are clearly playing for stacks on the flop. It's a fold/push decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how clearly we are playing for stacks. Could you elaborate? It might be a leak in my game, but my assumption here is that I won't get called by worse and villain is not folding a hand that beats us.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how clearly we are playing for stacks. Could you elaborate? It might be a leak in my game, but my assumption here is that I won't get called by worse and villain is not folding a hand that beats us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call the pot is $28.5 and Hero has $43.2 left (villain has hero covered). Any reasonable betting sequence on the turn and river will get the money in. Since this is the case, you need to start asking yourself "am I willing to get all my money in?" BEFORE you make the call. If the answer is yes, you may as well try to get it in now.

Plus, the raise CAN fold out a lot, so we have FE with the equity from our FD and TPGK as a backup. Many villains play suited flops aggressively just trying to buy it. Raising doesn't let him catch up for free and a tight opponent may even fold an overpair here fearing the made flush. He may also fold a naked Ad not wanting to gamble, which is still fine since he'd have 11 outs to win for ~44% equity and have the odds to get it in.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 PM

thanks for replies but im heading out so i wont be able to reply anymore. i took the line you suggested Neverscurred and bumped it up to 35 and called his push. i think flat calling is not good as the action on your hand dies if another diamond comes on the turn and if it doesnt the turn bet puts me all-in which i would have to fold to. Its a definite raise or fold situation and judging by what id seen of the player so far i decided to raise and play for stacks. He flipped AQ no diamond, the river hit me, que the usual berating. Any thoughts on the line i took will be appreciated il have a look later.