Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-30-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Complaint about Israel thread

OP is an absolute disgrace. The fact that a) thread hasn't been deleted b) OP's blatant racism and ignorance not met with all-round disdain speaks wanders for the morality and stupidity of the 'politics' crowd.

Title edited, split from main thread.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

[ QUOTE ]
OP is an absolute disgrace. The fact that a) thread hasn't been deleted b) OP's blatant racism and ignorance not met with all-round disdain speaks wanders for the morality and stupidity of the 'politics' crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical PC BS attempting to silence unpopular views. Felix has made it clear he isn't talking about all Moslems here, but only a subset of same, and how Israel should deal with them. And he's focusing that on their *actions* which aren't an inherent part of racial identity. Get a [censored] grip.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical PC BS attempting to silence unpopular views. Felix has made it clear he isn't talking about all Moslems here, but only a subset of same, and how Israel should deal with them. And he's focusing that on their *actions* which aren't an inherent part of racial identity. Get a [censored] grip.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? If he was criticizing Muslims (specifically extremist Muslims) and calling for the abolition of Islam I would by no means oppose him. Note your ignorance in claiming that all Arabs are Muslims or at least failing to see a distinction. I think of all insults, assuming that ALL Arabs subscribe to the abhorrent religion of Islam, is the most vicious and vile.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? If he was criticizing Muslims (specifically extremist Muslims) and calling for the abolition of Islam I would by no means oppose him. Note your ignorance in claiming that all Arabs are Muslims or at least failing to see a distinction. I think of all insults, assuming that ALL Arabs subscribe to the abhorrent religion of Islam, is the most vicious and vile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. So your objection is that he has made denigrating comments about Arab culture? Culture is a set of communally recognized and approved *actions*, and again isn't an inherent racial quality.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:39 PM

Why is this a new thread? I really don't want to draw paticular attention to my complaint and it also looks as if I started the thread.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Its a new thread because I don't like it when threads are hijacked by arguments about moderation. I edited your OP to note that you did not start this thread.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 PM

Original thread in question for posterity: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this a new thread? I really don't want to draw paticular attention to my complaint and it also looks as if I started the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you want to draw attention to it? You made a complaint about the modding in a thread when you had the alternative of sending iron a PM. Either way is valid but you chose the open way.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. So your objection is that he has made denigrating comments about Arab culture? Culture is a set of communally recognized and approved *actions*, and again isn't an inherent racial quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just think if you want to avoid coming across as a vile racist genocidal extremist maniac you should make doubly sure that you elaborate more on your stance if it at least clumsily comes across as calling for the apocalypse against the Arab people and a complete disregard for humanity and truth .

And yes; arguments against the culture of Arabs in [i] that [i/] context (promoting the bombing of Arabs supposedly on political grounds) has very strong racial undertones to say the least and of course dispels the claim that is indeed based soley on political grounds.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you want to draw attention to it? You made a complaint about the modding in a thread when you had the alternative of sending iron a PM. Either way is valid but you chose the open way.

[/ QUOTE ]

In honesty I don't think the thread should have been locked/deleted. I don't really think anything should be locked including the most vile of positions, unless it is construde as spam. However, when there is heavy modding on certain issues such as Islam, anti-semitism etc. I think there has to be a balance where the content of Felix post is at least highly considered to be of ill-taste and beyond soley political intentions against a race of people.