Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:08 AM

Default 5/10 vs AoA- Tiny Range, Big Decision....

Ok, so I'm not 100% sure what new and improved nitty AoA is running perhaps 18/14 or so but i have him at 20/16 cause of stat mix. he sees me as v aggro, prob semi-strong, tho rly does my image even matter here? So when he cold calls OOP his range is v narrow- Ive never seen him slowplay a big pair, he would almost always 3bet JJ TT and I kind of doubt he cold calls A2s but Im not 100% sure. So this leaves.... what?

Also, say we call, what do we do on a blank turn where he leads 1/2 pot, 2/3 pot, pot, or checks and why if you think thats relevant.

Seat 2: Sauce123 ($995 in chips)
Seat 3: GRIND OUT 24 ($363 in chips)
Seat 4: Luciferian ($190 in chips)
Seat 5: Alotofaction ($1005 in chips)
Seat 6: HaLoHaLo ($1886.90 in chips)
Alotofaction: posts small blind $5
HaLoHaLo: posts big blind $10
ROVIH: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Sauce123 [8s 8d]
Sauce123: raises $25 to $35
GRIND OUT 24: folds
Luciferian: folds
Alotofaction: calls $30
HaLoHaLo: folds
*** FLOP *** [2d 9d 2s]
Alotofaction: checks
Sauce123: bets $50
Alotofaction: raises $130 to $180
Old 10-23-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: 5/10 vs AoA- Tiny Range, Big Decision....

even vs a nit seems like an easy call, right? nits dont have a 2 and ther is only 1 combo of 22.

for 88 to not be the best hand either...
1. he flopped quads
2. he didnt repop 99, and is c/r a boat on a dry-ish board
3. decided to call OOP w/ a 9 and is now checkraising

seems like a standard call to me. id be able to lay your hand on some turns/bets, but not on the flop.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:17 AM

call
Old 10-23-2007, 03:20 AM

ok yea i called thought it was pretty easy just checking

on turn he bets 280- leaving himself slightly over 500

call/fold/shove or really fold/shove
Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even vs a nit seems like an easy call, right? nits dont have a 2 and ther is only 1 combo of 22.

1. he flopped quads

seems like a standard call to me. id be able to lay your hand on some turns/bets, but not on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob- Yes, I mean my first line of thinking when I have an aggro image is like "wow his range is so polarized to FD, air, highcards here and Im only behind 99, 22 lets get it in" but the thing is- he never bluffs. so what do we do when nits have a polarized range towards the nuts but there's only a few combos of nuts. Do we go bayesian logic and stack off or psychological logic and fold AA here? I really have trouble in spots like this.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. he flopped quads

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob- Yes, I mean my first line of thinking when I have an aggro image is like "wow his range is so polarized to FD, air, highcards here and Im only behind 99, 22 lets get it in" but the thing is- he never bluffs. so what do we do when nits have a polarized range towards the nuts but there's only a few combos of nuts. Do we go bayesian logic and stack off or psychological logic and fold AA here? I really have trouble in spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So i get Bayes and i get psychology but i dont quite understand your use of them here

onto the hand...seeing as how we are on the turn but there is no turn card i cant see the turn changing much so i guess you gotta call again...
Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. he flopped quads

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ben i know what you mean. it's like on one hand you know "there is very little im behind" and then on the other hand you know "and yet i cant think of anything im ahead".

it's a weird poker situation.

also, your play up to that decision is very clear and obviously correct, thus the crux is how to play vs the c.r, bc he's threatening your stack and playing a small pot is not an option.

folding SEEMS wrong to me, and likely IS wrong, but there are certain people (opponent reads) that I could be convinced otherwise.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:53 AM

whats the turn card
Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. he flopped quads

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ben i know what you mean. it's like on one hand you know "there is very little im behind" and then on the other hand you know "and yet i cant think of anything im ahead".

it's a weird poker situation.

also, your play up to that decision is very clear and obviously correct, thus the crux is how to play vs the c.r, bc he's threatening your stack and playing a small pot is not an option.

folding SEEMS wrong to me, and likely IS wrong, but there are certain people (opponent reads) that I could be convinced otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i know WTF how can they not bluff sometimes????

rob (or anyone who finds this intriguing... specially stars regs)- what do u do if these opp take this line:

1. Me
2. Dubness
3. Dcalzone
4. Em2
5. EnoBall
6. WhinniePie
7. Redargoe

Throw out some whys if it interests you...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 AM

I think JJ/1010/ and MAYBE even QQ is easily in an 18/14 regs range on this flop c/r