Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: 10/20- I was completely lost

I think he played the first hand well. Second hand, I fold and let him have this one. If this is something he starts to incorporate into his game, then we can debate the best line.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 AM

i think villain played the first hand badly. It's a reraised pot, so he obviously does a good job of protecting his hand against unimproved overcards (AK, AQs etc), but his all-in is very likely to be called only by those hands that beat him e.g. JJ+. Everytime hero calls, he is crushed.

The first hand is different to the second in that the second is not a re-raised pot. You aren't as close to any kind of commitment threshold and you are getting worse odds. In the first hand, the flop is dry and unlikely to have hit you. In the second hand, Axx is likely to give you TPTK.

Furthermore, the fact the he earlier spewed in a similar situation means that he is likely to try and leverage that image. This would be the perfect spot for him with 2pair or better.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:07 AM

Ben, this is a pretty easy call especially seeing as you don't have the Ad in your hand. Yes he could have a set here (or A9 for that matter) but with a donk like this.... I'd rather not give him credit, especially when we know he is doing this with all flush draws.