Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 04:11 PM

Default KK in the blind with coordinated flop.

Not that many hands on villian, just the run of the mill party crowd I guess.

Does anyone fold this hand anywhere or is pot too big?

PartyPoker - $0.50/$1 Texas - 8 players (Converter: PGC)

MP1 is 67/0/0.2 (9)
MP2 is 33/11/- (9)

Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PreFlop
CO posts BB
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 5.5 BB )
<font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES</font>
<font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>

(3 players) TURN: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 11.5 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">MP1 checks</font>, <font color="red">MP2 BETS</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 14.5 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">MP1 checks</font>, <font color="red">MP2 BETS</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>

Final Pot:16.5 BB
Old 06-19-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Re: KK in the blind with coordinated flop.

Folding this anywhere is ludicrous (with the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). I'd bet the river though given the 7 pairing I'm not positive that's right.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:21 PM

What could he have worthy of raising PF (but not capping) that the flop could have helped him with? AQd is the only thing that I can think (even then he's still drawing on the flop).
Old 06-19-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What could he have worthy of raising PF (but not capping) that the flop could have helped him with? AQd is the only thing that I can think (even then he's still drawing on the flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is an unknown. This is our tenth hand with him and he's raised one other of those ten.

I don't think you can fold this given the turn is a diamond. I think that by the time the river completes our flush villains range is huge in my mind:
55-77, for a boat
An overpair that has now also completed a flush,
A7 for a set of sevens
A non flush overpair
Some other random stuff (2 broadways with a diamond, 56)
57, 67 for a boat

Point is it's pretty broad. So I check call the river as he holds a lot that we could be behind. I sure don't want to bet fold this, and I'm hesitant to bet call.

What would people do here if the turn was a non diamond brick?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:27 PM

this is played fine, the turn is a little scary but there's never a single reason to fold anywhere in this hand.

just a side note, does anybody raise this river here? of course we're already dead to a boat but other than the small chances of a straight flush, 55, 57, 66, 77, or the Ad, we're good
Old 06-19-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is played fine, the turn is a little scary but there's never a single reason to fold anywhere in this hand.

just a side note, does anybody raise this river here? of course we're already dead to a boat but other than the small chances of a straight flush, 55, 57, 66, 77, or the Ad, we're good

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on that we beat?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C/ring a one card flush against an unknown is really dumb, more so when it's not the highest flush and the board is paired.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:16 PM

MP2 sure smells like a set on the flop to me. We're behind all those. Of course, he could be overplaying 2-pair one pair and an OESD, and we're ahead.

Fine as played. WA/WB, C/C that river.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:29 PM

I don't know about flopping a set...I guess he could have but to raise a 5/6/7 pp from middle position with several left to act is pretty LAGy. I would put him on an AQd/AJd/A10d I think. I don't think you lay down here at any point though.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:32 PM

ok i based on these stats i don't think this is a fold anywhere.... you have an over pair and the 2nd nut back door flush draw.. way more equity than you need to call this

i think you played it just fine