Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: 25nl: WTF???

meh - you are about a 40/60 dog vs most ranges. The absolute worst hand for you he can possibly have here is A2dd. to which you are a 22/78 dog.

You can either fold and keep hold of your stack - or push.

Pushing is +EV (but only just) as long as he folds ~8 times/100. he has air way more often than that I think - will call sometimes behind - and we will hit our draw and beat pretty much all of his range fairly often I think.

Calling would suck as if you hit the straight it puts 4 toa on board - you will almost always be facing a bet on the turn regardless of what hits and have to fold if you whiff the turn, and if you make a set there's a chance villain made a straight at the same time...

If you like to gamboooool - push. Tho I'd usually fold here having invested so little in this pot already lookng at not much better than a coinflip in equity.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM

I raise here every time. If he has strictly an overpair, we are 40% with our 10 outs twice. If he has a straight we're a little less, but we're still in decent shape. Factor in the times that they fold and I think we're good enough to raise/call.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm what? wtf do i do. he is 40/7 and gets outta line alot. hes crazy peeps, idk what range to assign, its only been about 15 hands with him. but wtf

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($55.95)
SB ($43.30)
BB ($44.57)
UTG ($105.08)
MP ($103.20)
CO ($16.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22???? or folds??? wtf yo</font>

[/ QUOTE ]k given that he sucks and stuff i think he has an overpair here like always. and given that he sucks he doesnt fold 77+ here like ever so given that we prolly have 10 outs and are not getting enough odds to raise here. so i prolly just dump it here and look for a better spot to stack this retard
Old 11-15-2007, 09:45 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
I raise here every time. If he has strictly an overpair, we are 40% with our 10 outs twice. If he has a straight we're a little less, but we're still in decent shape. Factor in the times that they fold and I think we're good enough to raise/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You noticed he overbet the pot 2.5 times ? to a normal donkbet I raise, here I fold.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You noticed he overbet the pot 2.5 times ? to a normal donkbet I raise, here I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his range weights more towards draws by betting huge.. honestly, I don't mind a shove even though we're deep.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:52 PM

call.

shoving is horrible

call&gt;fold&gt;shove
Old 11-15-2007, 10:00 PM

In a vaccuum I might fold but in reality I'd raise big (25ish) because I want to get AI on the flop, NOT the turn, and call a push just because I really want to know what he has. Sets should be out of the question so we're not going to be in that bad a shape. Add in a few FD's and some bluffs and it's EV+. Seriously though, his bet is too gay for me to ever lay this down and calling is bad as we only have 8 clean outs and aren't getting the odds for that (we hit about 1/6 on the turn, 6*$8=$48, really pushing it as he might fold when the board becomes a 4-straight) so I'll definitely raise big and call a push.

EDIT: Didn't read this: "he is 40/7 and gets outta line alot. hes crazy peeps, idk what range to assign, its only been about 15 hands with him. but wtf".

Now it's an even clearer raise/call AI situation, I'm sure our equity is positive here.

A+ for metagame purposes also because it'll be really interesting to see what he has!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a vaccuum I might fold but in reality I'd raise big (25ish) because I want to get AI on the flop, NOT the turn, and call a push just because I really want to know what he has. Sets should be out of the question so we're not going to be in that bad a shape. Add in a few FD's and some bluffs and it's EV+. Seriously though, his bet is too gay for me to ever lay this down and calling is bad as we only have 8 clean outs and aren't getting the odds for that (we hit about 1/6 on the turn, 6*$8=$48, really pushing it as he might fold when the board becomes a 4-straight) so I'll definitely raise big and call a push.

EDIT: Didn't read this: "he is 40/7 and gets outta line alot. hes crazy peeps, idk what range to assign, its only been about 15 hands with him. but wtf".

Now it's an even clearer raise/call AI situation, I'm sure our equity is positive here.

A+ for metagame purposes also because it'll be really interesting to see what he has!

[/ QUOTE ]
post more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy fold, your equity vs his range is gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

generally I would agree, but this is a player that will stack off w/ an overpair even 200bbs deep. You can def call one street here. fwiw, I hate raising. Agreed with speedlimits, call&gt;fold&gt;shove.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy fold, your equity vs his range is gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

generally I would agree, but this is a player that will stack off w/ an overpair even 200bbs deep. You can def call one street here. fwiw, I hate raising. Agreed with speedlimits, call&gt;fold&gt;shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't call here, you're not getting the odds! He bet $8 and we have 54ish left and there are 8 clean outs for us (2d and 7d are kinda iffy) meaning the turn gives us the "nuts" 17% of the time so for a call to be EV0 we need to make at least $47 (pot+money on later streets) (ok I'm skipping the decimals here, error margin something below $1) each time we hit which probably isn't going to happen with 4 cards to a straight on board most of the time. I just don't see him going broke with 4 to a straight if he has an OP which he'd need to do the majority of the time for a call to be justified. The only reasoning for a call would be if you knew BB just calls and even then it's very questionable. Besides, we don't know if he'll stack off with 99 200bb's deep, we're just assuming he hates money. I wouldn't be too sure about him having an OP here either...

Either we fold or gambool and I'm not nitty enough to ever fold here.