Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 PM

Default entourage thread in OOT locked - tv show discussion threads

NTBang,

You locked the 8/19 entourage thread for being a crap OP. By standard OP guidelines, that was definitely a valid lock.

However, should there maybe be an exception for weekly TV threads of popular OOT shows like Entourage, Lost, Heroes, Top Chef, etc?

Seems like those often get started with "New episode tonight, really pumped!" or some other content-less post.

Or maybe most of these threads (except for super high volume ones) should just be in one big thread for the show's season?

Thoughts?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: entourage thread in OOT locked - tv show discussion threads

el d,

i don't have a strong feeling about these threads since i don't have cable and don't watch any of them. so the priority should be to please users who do participate in these threads. they certainly belong in OOT.

basically, if there is demand for these threads i wish someone had restarted it with a little more effort. often i don't even open them and just let them run their course, because i know they're popular and usually there aren't any problems. also other OOT mods seem to watch these shows and participate in these threads more often.

basically all i'm saying is, most days this thread wouldn't even have been locked. i was sort of on a rampage that day and happened to open the thread because i had seen the episode at a relative's house. so i doubt it will be an ongoing problem, and i will probably not be so quick to lock them in the future.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 PM

At this point i think entourage should probably keep one thread for at least a month or so. I don't think there is enough new [censored] to discuss / good OP's to have a new one every week. Flight of the concord's has been doing pretty good mostly staying in one thread like this.

Some shows are better with weekly threads and i hope they can continue to have them.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM

NT,

Word. I actually agree w/ stabn that threads for most shows (except Heroes, Lost, and maybe a couple others) would be better with one for the season.

Especially shows like Entourage, which don't really have much to actually discuss regarding the eps.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:40 PM

yeah i don't really mind either way. i would say whatever the people who read those threads prefer is fine by me, i haven't noticed them clogging up the forum or anything.

really i would like to leave this one to daryn or nick or somebody who posts in these threads
Old 08-20-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Word. I actually agree w/ stabn that threads for most shows (except Heroes, Lost, and maybe a couple others) would be better with one for the season.

[/ QUOTE ]
The obvious problem here being that 1-2 days after the episode airs the thread basically falls into oblivion, so invariably some noob is going to show up and start a new one.

I don't think it really matters whether you have one for the whole season or one for each ep, so long as there is only one active at any given time. Let the rest sink.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 PM

tup,

Yeah. I just don't know where to post "This was maybe my favorite ep of the season. Also, Cat is HOT!" which is really all I have to say about it!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tup,

Yeah. I just don't know where to post "This was maybe my favorite ep of the season. Also, Cat is HOT!" which is really all I have to say about it!

[/ QUOTE ]

This was pretty much my problem with the thread this week too. I wanted to make a reply but not start a thread. The only thread was locked [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Also i pretty much don't start threads.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 PM

Agree with El D and stabn.

Something like Top Chef is a good "one thread per week" show. Entourage/FoTC are good for big official threads.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:55 PM

The Truth is back in January.